BWCL Season 48/Rules
The following rules should be read in the context of fair play.
Administration tries to provide the teams participating in Nation League and Wars with a working environment, but can not guarantee activity. It's teams duty to do all necessary to not stall the procedure.
Furthermore, the spirit of the rules should be followed, rather than the wording.
Administration is more interested in seeing all games played, rather than in teams trying their best to bend the rules in their favor, while trying to force their will over opponents.
Version and Server
- The latest StarCraft Patch is needed
- All Clan League matches are played on the official European Battle.net Server
- The default Channel is respectively DIV-A, DIV-B, DIV-C
Participants and General Rules
- Administration reserves the Right of Admission for each and every players.
- By signing up, players confirm that they have read and understood these Rules, and that they will abide by them.
- Players must be members of a single Clan participating in this League; it is the Clan Leaders' duty to ensure that payers are not members of another Clan playing CL. 'Smurfing', shared Clan accounts or 'Double Clanning' will be punished.
- This rule is extended to Clan with teams in multiple divisions, members cannot switch division during the regular season, nor playoffs.
- The unique exception is for members of disbanded teams.
- In case of unforeseen problems, the Administration has to be contacted immediately.
- Cheating in any way or form is strictly prohibited and may result in the ban of an entire team for life time.
- Former hackers or cheaters are strictly banned from participation. Exceptions may apply on a case by case basis.
- Heavy flaming and trash talk are forbidden.
- Abusing of bugs is strictly forbidden. This includes Gas Walk and Flying Unit variations (if not fixed) and Observer over Turret. However, Hold Lurkers and Drilling via Mineral Slide with Minerals in vision is allowed.
- Teams with 3 walk over are banned from the league and its previous scores are reset.
- All matches have to be payed on Speed Setting '7 — Fastest'.
- Dynamic turn rate has to be used.
- Third party observers are only allowed if both players agree.
- Official casters and streamers must be allowed into the game lobby.
- Replays of every match must be saved.
- The official BWCL Map Pool has to be used.
- The first map of every set is chosen by the Administration and is displayed at grids.
- The Maps for the second (and third, if any) match are chosen by the loser of the match just played.
- No map is allowed to be chosen twice, unless the opponent agrees.
- Complaints about wrong maps are not valid if the game has been already played, it's player's duty to use the correct map.
Clan: Leaders and Players
- The Leader is the only and final responsible for his Clan.
- Every Clan has to nominate a leader who manages the team in the ongoing season. Captains can serve as second in command to help his leader.
- Adding and removing players during the regular season is allowed and has to be informally announced in the Discord Roster-changes channel.
- The minimum number of players per Clan is 6 for a max of 20.
- Koreans are allowed, except pro or semi-pro.
Schedule and Mode
- Clan League matches take place once a week; the default time is Sunday, 19.00 CET.
- The time and channel for a Clan League match (or a single set) may be changed by mutual agreement of the Clan Leaders involved, as long as the War is played before the actual play day. In this case the BWCL administration has to be informed by posting in the Topic.
- The CW format is four 1v1 and one 2v2, all best of 3. No player may play more than one 1on1.
- The line-up MUST be submitted before the 19:00 CET. Failure to do so, may opponents claim a walk over victory. In any case submitting line-ups after the time limit imply -1 point penalty.
- If the opponents team does not show up, a walk over may be requested by the team leader. If a team lacks players for single sets, a walk over for the set can be requested. Every walk over request should be posted in the according topic along with a Screenshot of the channel; include the /whois information for proof.
- A walk over can be requested if a team/player misses to show up 15 Minutes after the scheduled time.
- Single sets can be postponed if both teams agree. It is the duty of the teams to play out the missing sets within 48 hours after the scheduled war.
- Replays have to be submitted in the proper discord channel.
Disconnects and Pausing
- If a disconnect occurs during the first two minutes of a Clan League match, the match must be repeated; players have to use the same race as in the disconnected match.
- If a disconnect occurs after the first two minutes of a Clan League match, players may agree who caused the disconnects and act accordingly; if the players cannot agree, a BWCL Admin must be notified, to decide on the issue.
- Every player may pause or unpause a Clan League match at any time, without giving a reason; complaints referring to pausing or unpausing a Clan League match are not accepted by the BWCL Administration. The administration advices both parties to follow the motto of fair play and not try to gain an advantage in these cases.
- LEAGUE WINNER: The top4 Div-A teams will play a single elimination bracket seeded 1-4 and 2-3.
- MIXED FORMAT for PLAYOFF/OUT: refer to playoffs tab.
- Roster changes are not allowed during playoffs/out and players have to have played at least one match in the regular season.
- Postponements are not allowed during playoffs/out.
- Streaming personal games, sets or entire wars for the playoffs/out phase is only allowed after being granted permission by the BWCL Administration.
- Tie-break rules: 1)direct match victory. 2) games win.
- Full CW Walk over is counted as +4 and -1 points. Single set is counted as 2-0 score.
- Players are free to stream their own games during the regular season. Streaming personal games, sets or entire wars for the play off phase is only allowed after being granted permission by the BWCL administration.
- Relegations might be changed depending on the sign ups for the upcoming season.
- In case of unforeseeable and/or unforeseen circumstances, the BWCL Administration reserves a right to modify these Rules without justification or prior announcement.