BWCL Season 50/KoK
In 2003 the Brood War Clan League hosted a tournament series in cooperation with BroodWar.de's BW4Ever tournament portal: the King of Kings series. This edition continues the tradition of the individual tournaments alongside the league.
The tournament is limited to players who attended the previous BWCL season. Each clan could nominate at least one player to enter the elimination rounds. However, the strongest clans can send more players to represent their respective teams.
Last edition was won by Dewalt
- Only BWCL players are allowed to play.
- Players have to have played at least 3 CW.
- Squad leaders nominate the players.
- Players have to register at Challonge and sign-up at bracket (link will be shared).
- The last KoK champion is invited.
- The winner clan of the season gets to nominate 3 players.
- Every clan of division A gets to nominate 2 players.
- Every other clan gets to nominate 1 player.
- We encourage clans to host internal tournaments to determine who might enter. However, hosting internal tournaments are optional, the nomination procedure is up to the clans.
- Clans are free to nominate substitutions in case a player can not participate.
- Free spots will given randomly to registered players with the help of a lottery system or randomly if time is running short.
- Double Elimination grid.
- Seeds higher/lower divs
- Winner bracket Bo3.
- Loser bracket Bo1.
- Loser bracket finals Bo3 (Round 8).
- Grand Finals Bo7 with winner’s advantage (1-0 start).
- Server: SC:R - EU
- Channel: KoK
|Week||Date||Winners Bracket||Losers Bracket|
|1||28 June 2020 19:00 CEST||Round 1+2+3||Round 1+2+3+4|
|2||5 July 2020 19:00 CEST||Round 4+5||Round 5+6+7+8|
|3||12 July 2020 19:00 CEST||Grand Final|
- The official Map Pool has to be used.
- The Maps for the second (and third, if any) match are chosen by the loser of the match just played.
- No map is allowed to be chosen twice, unless the opponent agrees.
- Complaints about wrong maps are not valid if the game has been already played, it's player's duty to use the correct map.
- The starting map is chosen by Admins and will be displayed at grids.
- 4th place is a special reward for the most entertaining player. Administration will nominate a selection of games, from which the community can vote their favorite.
- In case of unforeseen problems, the Administration has to be contacted immediately.
- Cheating in any way or form is strictly prohibited and may result in the ban of an entire team for life time.
- Heavy flaming and trash talk are forbidden.
- Abusing of bugs is strictly forbidden. This includes Gas Walk and Flying Unit variations (if not fixed) and Observer over Turret. However, Hold Lurkers and Drilling via Mineral Slide with Minerals in vision is allowed.
Results and walkovers
- Report scores and upload replays at bracket.
- Walk over can be claimed after 15 min.
- Replays must be saved in case an admin need to review a result.
- If a disconnect occurs during the first two minutes of a Clan League match, the match must be repeated; players have to use the same race as in the disconnected match.
- If a disconnect occurs after the first two minutes, players may agree the winner accordingly; if the players cannot agree, a BWCL Admin must be notified, to decide on the issue.
- Speed Setting '7 — Fastest'.
- Dynamic turn rate.
- Third party observers are only allowed if both players agree.
- Official casters and streamers must be allowed into the game lobby.
King of Kings 1st day
King of Kings 2nd day