Carthage is a map that was introduced in the 2009 Lost Saga MSL. Since then, it has remained in the MSL map pool.
The map changed quite a bit from the original Carthage to Carthage 2, but has not changed much from Carthage 2 to Carthage 3. The biggest change from 1 to 2 was the addition of more mineral patches to the main. Also, the expansions on the top and bottom of the map have been moved away from the sides, and the ramps have been adjusted accordingly.
The original version of the map was used in the Lost Saga MSL. Carthage 2 was introduced in the 2009 MBCGame Season 1 Survivor Tournament and Carthage 3 in the Avalon MSL
- Large Choke - The choke between the natural and the rest of the map is larger than on most other maps making it easier to attack and harder to defend.
- Destructible Temples - The three Xel'Naga temples in the middle of the map can be destroyed to allow a path to get to the opponent's base faster.
- High Ground - There is a large amount of high ground on the map where ranged units can camp.
- Mains bases changed to 9 mineral patches instead of 8 and mineral layout was changed for better mining efficiency.
- Natural expansions changed to 8 mineral patches instead of 7.
- The entrance to the Naturals was narrowed and the way the cliffs collide with buildings improved to allow for better walls.
- The entrance to the mains was made buildable.
- The 2 and 8 o'clock expansions became mineral only.
- 1 o'clock and 7 o'clock expansions were made smaller and reversed.
- The "center" expansions on 11 and 5 o'clock were changed to 6 patch mineral-only from 3 patch gas.
- More space was added behind the Main's mineral line.
- The 2 and 8 o'clock expansions have gas again.
Protoss FE wall-ins
Note: the selected Probe in the 11 o'clock layout needs to be there for the wall to be tight.
Carthage 2 & 3
Terran FE wall-ins
These walls can only be used on Carthage 2 & 3
- Luxury vs Leta - 2009-02-28 - Lost Saga MSL Game 4 - Leta abuses the wide entrance to the Nat but Luxury hasn't said his final word yet...