Jang "Freedom" Yong Seok is a retired StarCraft progamer from South Korea who played Terran for Samsung KHAN.
Freedom started out as a successful Warcraft III-player, winning the 2004-2005 Ongamenet War3 TFT Invitational by beating Moon in the finals. After the so-called "MBC Map Scandal" where maps were rigged in order to make Orcs more powerful, Freedom decided to quit Warcraft 3 and instead play StarCraft.
Yong-Seok did well in the Warcraft 3 scene, winning four major leagues. Interesting thing is that originally he actually started as a StarCraft player and switched to Warcraft.
He stayed in the same team where he originally started as a Warcraft player, Samsung Khan. Yong-Seok was in a solid team, but the only achievements worth mentioning are his games in the GoMTV 2 MSL. He made it through the Survivor tournament, but unluckily got too hard of a group for him to handle in the MSL itself. In the Survivor on his way to the MSL he beat `Slayers` Boxer and won his group shocking everyone. The group stages didn't look all that impossible after his Survivor show, but Bisu and Oversky were the ones to advance from his group. Freedom was almost never used in Proleague.
Nowadays Freedom has retired from progaming and has moved on to become a professional poker player.
WarCraft 3 Achievements:
- 1st place, 2005 OnGameNet TFT Invitational
- 2007 Shinhan Bank Proleague Round 2, 2007-12-08 - Freedom as the unfortunate victim of a Sunken Rush by Oversky on Katrina. YT
- Article about Freedom switching from Warcraft III to Starcraft, gosugamers.net, 2006
- Freedom on NeverGG's Samsung KHAN homepage.
- Article about Freedom, written by Elroy 'nOnAmE' Pinto, mymym.com, Aug 22 2005