Into the Darkness
Premiering in the 2004 4th Minor League, this map saw continuous usage in the 2004 Tucson MSL, SPRIS MSL, and You Are the Golf King MSL. The first edition of the map was balanced in all match ups except for Zerg vs. Protoss, where Protoss had the advantage. Its successor was more balanced, but imbalances started to appear in Protoss vs. Terran, where again Protoss had the advantage.
In its first iteration, the map was noted for the almost non-existent gas expansions; it was ridiculously hard to take and hold a 3rd and 4th gas expansion. Therefore, play styles had to change in order to suit the map.
These features are based on the 2nd version of Into the Darkness.
- Unbuildable Middle - Terrans cannot build Missile Turrets to support their push.
- Wide Open Natural - The natural is wide and the expansion itself doesn't border the ramp so it is hard to open with a Fast Expansion and defend both your main and the natural.
- No Open Center - The center is very confined so players have to be cautious for units using the side paths.
- A gas geyser was added to the top left and bottom right expansions
- Bridges making it easier to access alternative paths were added.
- The bridges leading to the center were removed.
Map version images
- iloveoov vs. July - 04-06-10 - SPRIS MSL on Into the Darkness
- GoRush vs. NaDa - 05-02-06 - YATGK MSL on Into the Darkness 2
|2009-12-12||IeSF Star Invitational Classic 8||NaDa||YellOw|
|2009-12-03||IeSF Star Invitational Classic 8||NaDa||Reach|
|2009-12-02||IeSF Star Invitational Classic 8||BoxeR||H.O.T-Forever|
|2009-12-01||IeSF Star Invitational Classic 8||ChRh||YellOw|
|2006-02-05||Blizzard WWI 2006||YellOw||Nal_rA|
|2006-02-04||Blizzard WWI 2006||Nal_rA||NaDa|
|2006-02-03||Blizzard WWI 2006||FiSheYe||Nal_rA|
|2005-04-07||2005 1st Ladies MBCGame Starleague||Navy||ToSsGirL|
|2005-03-31||2005 1st Ladies MBCGame Starleague||maRie||Navy|
|2005-03-24||2005 1st Ladies MBCGame Starleague||KangHyun||maRie|
|Into the Darkness||248||45||25||20||55.6%||23||10||13||43.5%||31||12||19||38.7%||64||52||33|