|This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone or spelling. You can assist by editing it now.|
|This article appears to have no basis in fact.|
You can assist by providing proof or sources for it.
Match Point is the weirdest map for Protoss – they dominate Zerg and get stomped by Terran. In TvP, the way the expansions pan out is Terran heaven. Expanding used to feel pretty unsecure beyond your natural, with highgrounds and backway passages to all of them, but with the newest versions the highground platform can defend your third pretty easily (while the other route to your nat is a small ramp – the Mineral only is gone now). Though the middle is unbuildable, and pushing distances are pretty far, Terran can take 4 gas mains along the way. Rush distances, however, are really short. Both Really and Leta acknowledged this and set up strong early rushes across the small middle. Recalls and drops appear to be pretty strong but we haven’t seen them yet in this MU.
Now to the good news: PvZ and TvZ are wonderfully dynamic. The general direction of pushing is a sort of chicane – going over the big platforms – but like an irrigration system there are a bunch of little routes that units can seep through. However, Protoss gets their natural expansion up a ramp, making a FE ever so easy and Storm is very strong on the many ramps of this map. Zerg probably has to figure out how to be more versatile in army movement to keep up with Protoss on this map – Orion and Modesty show hope is not yet lost. Drops prove pretty strong but Orion fails to capitalize on his advantage.
Hogil vs Major shows how Mutas over that cliffed natural are just too friggin strong and, even though Major does a commendable job holding on, he’s on his back foot throughout the entire game. We do get to see how armies can be moved around. Overall it’s a pretty fun looking map that should give rise to very entertaining games.
- Exposed Natural - The natural is pulled back from both chokes, so it will be difficult to defend both the natural and the choke points with static defense.
- Many Paths - There are numerous paths through the map, making it easy to maneuver around your opponent; flanking or counter-attacking them.
- Harassable Bases - Many bases are situated along the side of a cliff, making it easy for players to harass mineral lines or even snipe the Hatchery/CC/Nexus.
- Raised "plateaus" - These two areas provide possibilities for both strong defense of, and assaults on the expansions behind them, as well as giving good map control and positioning to whomever places units there.
- 6/12 o'clock can no longer be sieged behind a protected doodad (doodad was removed).
- Made 3 o'clock central ramp closer to center/further from side of map.
- Changed 7 o'clock starting position's minerals.
- Flash vs. HyuN, Shinhan Bank Proleague, 2009-12-14 - HyuN ends Flash's TvZ winning streak, the first to do so since Kwanro on 2009-07-14
- Jaedong vs. Stork, Shinhan Bank Winner's League, 2010-02-20 - Arguably the greatest game of its proleague season/year. Long, exciting ZvP showing off many of the characteristics of the map.
Protoss FE wall-ins
- Adapted from Unchartered Territory on TeamLiquid