From Liquipedia StarCraft Brood War Wiki
2 at 5, 11
Oxide is a map that was used in the first SBWI Teamleague.
- tight rush path - the direct rushing and scouting path bewteen both players is constricted by small ramps and a tight gap in the centre of the map, giving players tactical opportunity to intercept an incoming enemy and forcing bigger armies to take wider alternative routes around the map
- lots of ramps and ridges - making good army positioning a key element
- unbuildable middle - except for the expansion areas, the ground on this map is unbuildable, making it easy to find proxies and preventing terran from pushing with turret support
- open center expansions - gaining control over these becomes a major aim of late game strategy.
For the playoffs of the SBWI Team League this map was updated to verion 1.04.
- the corner expansions are now wallable with 2 pylons per ramp
- added more mineral patches to the mineral-only expansions, some of them with reduced yield
- fixed an issue with the 9 o'clock geyser being tankable from the low ground
- small adjustment to the area in front of the naturals
- added more building space to the areas around the mineral-only and middle expansions
- optimized minerals in bottom main to avoid worker pathing issues with comsat
Map version images
This automatically generated table shows the 10 most recent games with VODs and can be modified here.
|2020-06-25||16:00 UTC||RussianProLeague Season 2||g0rynich||Casper||(G4)|
|2019-10-20||16:00 UTC||Bombastic StarLeague 7||Bonyth||Ty2||(G1)|
|2019-10-19||17:30 UTC||Bombastic StarLeague 7||trutaCz||TerrOr||(G5)|