2 at 5, 11
CRTL Season 2, SBWI Teamleague, BWCL
Oxide is a map that was used in the first SBWI Teamleague.
- tight rush path - the direct rushing and scouting path bewteen both players is constricted by small ramps and a tight gap in the centre of the map, giving players tactical opportunity to intercept an incoming enemy and forcing bigger armies to take wider alternative routes around the map
- lots of ramps and ridges - making good army positioning a key element
- unbuildable middle - except for the expansion areas, the ground on this map is unbuildable, making it easy to find proxies and preventing terran from pushing with turret support
- open center expansions - gaining control over these becomes a major aim of late game strategy.
For the playoffs of the SBWI Team League this map was updated to verion 1.04.
- the corner expansions are now wallable with 2 pylons per ramp
- added more mineral patches to the mineral-only expansions, some of them with reduced yield
- fixed an issue with the 9 o'clock geyser being tankable from the low ground
- small adjustment to the area in front of the naturals
- added more building space to the areas around the mineral-only and middle expansions
- optimized minerals in bottom main to avoid worker pathing issues with comsat
Map version images