From Liquipedia StarCraft Brood War Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help Liquipedia by expanding it.|
A proxy building is a building built outside your own base including your natural base, generally in the proximity of your opponent's base. Despite the similarity between the words 'proximity' and 'proxy', the term actually stems from the word 'proxy' as something which in acts on behalf of someone or something else.
Proxying can be used for a number of reasons: lessening the travel time to your opponent's base in a rush, hiding tech buildings to surprise your opponent, scouting, or simply confusing your opponent.
- BoxeR vs Anytime on Neo Forte, 2005 So1 OnGameNet StarLeague, 2005-11-05
- JangBi vs NaDa on Destination, 2009 Lost Saga MSL, 2009-03-05
- Firebathero vs sAviOr on Python, 2007 GOMTV MBCGame StarLeague Season 2, 2007-06-24
- Nal_rA vs Mondragon on Nightlight, BlizzCon 2005
- Freedom vs Oversky on Katrina, 2007 Shinhan Bank Proleague Round 2, 2007-12-08
- Zero vs Hyuk on Match Point, 2010 MBCGame Season 1 Survivor Tournament, 2010-02-11
- Zero vs Fly.Peace on Polaris Rhapsody, 2009-2010 Shinhan Bank Proleague, 2010-06-22
- sAviOr vs Bisu on Blue Storm. sAviOr uses a Proxy Hatchery to reinforce his Hydra Break.
- EffOrt vs Roro on Judgement Day, 2009-2010 Shinhan Bank Proleague, 2010-06-29