Liquipedia will soon drop support for Internet Explorer.
4 at 1,2,8,7
Apr 2007 – Feb 2008
The map layout of Python is similar to the previously popular map, Lost Temple, but is known to fix various imbalances.
- Python - picture of a python in the center.
- Corner Island Expansions - The top right and bottom left Island Expansions at the corners are blocked with a Mineral patch that holds 8 Minerals. The expansions are also un-buildable on the outer edges to prevent abuse.
- Tankable Min Only - Tanks are able to reach the mineral lines of the expansion from behind the ridge.
- Very wide third expansions - The 11 and 5 o'clock expansions have a very wide choke, making it easy for hit and run attacks.
- Natural Expansion Cliff - This cliff was made wider, allowing Zerg players to safely hide an Overlord on top of it.
- Mineral Changes - The number of minerals at the mineral-only expansions was reduced. Mineral locations in the main bases were also changed to allow better pathing for workers.
Strong Build Orders
Protoss vs. Zerg
Terran vs. Zerg
- 1 Barracks into Fast Expand Due to Python being a 4 player large map, 1 Barracks into fast expanding is pretty much the standard build. It is safe, allowing the Terran to wall in and safely build his Command Center. Almost any transition can be used after the opening making this build very flexible and dangerous if used properly.
- BBS Proxy Rush - 4 player maps tend to inspire most Zerg players to go Hatchery first before they even scout with a drone. If they do this play, a BBS will crush the Zerg due to the lack of Zerglings. Countered by the Zerg not fast expanding.
Zerg vs. Terran
- 2 Hatchery Mutalisk - This build is primary used if the Zerg spawns at either the 3 o'clock or the 9 o'clock position. If the Terran spawns at the 12 o'clock position they have a very large, open area behind their mineral line that makes Mutalisk harass very strong, and the 12 o'clock has a poorly designed natural that is very hard to move around in and/or defend. If they Terran spawns at the 6 o'clock they are in an even worse position. The geyser is above the Command Center which results in more SCV's circulating behind the minerals, perfect for a Mutalisk flock. Also the 12 o'clock has a very poorly designed natural, there are no spots for a turret to be placed behind the minerals, and repairs are next to impossible. Countered by the Zerg spawning at the 12 o'clock position or the 6.
- 3 Hatchery Mutalisk - Due to the difficulty of defending a 3rd base, it is common for the Terran to use bionic play instead of the slow, immobile Mech play. Thus the mobility and flexibility of 3 Hatchery Mutalisk has made it the standard build for ZvT on Python.
Protoss FE Walls
Map version images
|firebathero||2007 GOMTV MSL Season 2|
|GGPlay||2007 Daum OSL|