Jos "Ret" de Kroon is a Dutch Zerg player who currently resides in the Netherlands. Formerly a part of ToT and ESC, Ret chose to move to Korea and join Team eSTRO to pursue his dreams of becoming a pro gamer. Ret used to offrace as Terran versus Zerg opponents, but just before moving to Korea he switched to ZvZ, as the Korean leagues do not allow race selection. Ret was one of the first players to use live stream and record his FPV and conversations over Ventrilo, which displayed his high level play.
In 10-2009, Ret was invited to try out in the eSTRO team, following in the footsteps of IdrA (CJ Entus) and NonY (eSTRO).  Since moving to Korea, Ret joined team eSTRO and has participated in three Courage tournaments to this date. In his first attempt at Courage, Ret started off with a first round bye. In round 2, Ret faced a Terran who was a Woongjin Stars practice partner. Ret played a hard series, but eventually lost 2-1 and was knocked out by the eventual winner of that Courage. A month later, Ret took another shot at Courage, this time facing a Zerg in the first round. Ret played well in his weakest match up, but was eventually defeated by a score of 2-1 and was knocked out in the first round. The player who defeated Ret was defeated in the second round of the tournament. Ret's third and final attempt at winning Courage met greater fortune than his previous attempts. He made it to the Ro8 before being eliminated. All of his opponents were Zerg, largely to be considered his weakest match-up. However, Ret was not eliminated before himself eliminating a previous Courage finalist.
- Was invited Korea to the Korean pro-gaming team eSTRO in the fall of 2009. On October 16 2009 he traveled to Korea and joined the team.
- Played Terran when facing Zerg for a long time, but once he was invited to eSTRO he started playing ZvZ because of the Courage-tournament rules only allowing players to play one race.
- Lost to Jaedong on the WCG 2008 Grand Finals main stage
- When the first Ansadi Starleague started, he was supposedly paid to stream his FPview during ladder stage, to increase the popularity of the league.
- Got monstrously drunk at BlizzCon 2009 and shouted at the CJ team while they were presenting gifts for trivia answers.
- Beat IdrA at BlizzCon 2009.
- Took a game from NaDa at BlizzCon 2009 (although lost 2-1).
- When NaDa was asked about ret's skill later on, he said "Not bad."
- Finished last place in his WCG 2003 group.
- In the Ro64 at his third attempt of winning Courage Tournament, Ret defeated Kim Hyeong Joon, fellow Zerg player, Korean celebrity and popstar from the group SS501. The score was 2-0.
Ever since arriving in Korea, IdrA has been considered a favorite in most foreign tournaments. During 2009, he started dominating them, and only IdrA was able to keep up to some extent. They met in the finals of the ESL Major Series Season 4 on the 2nd of August 2009. Ret, coming from the lower bracket, had to win two Bo5 matches. He claimed the first one 3-2, but lost the second 1-3. At Blizzcon, he knocked out IdrA 2-1 in the lower bracket, after both lost to Korean players. In his interview about going to Korea, he replied, asked what excited him most about his new life :
- I can’t wait to beat IdrA in every foreign tournament he ever participates in once I will be able to practice as much as he has 
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2010-02-28||5 - 8th||PokerStrategy.com TSL||2 : 3||SEn||$500|
|2008-06-02||9 - 16th||2008 Razer TSL||0 : 2||NonY||$100|
|In Major Tournaments|
|2009-06-15||1st||DreamHack Summer 2009||3 : 1||Dimaga||$2,557|
|In Minor Tournaments|
|2017-08-15||1st||StarCraft Remastered Launch Event||3 : 1||Nyoken|
|2009-08-02||2nd||ESL Major Series IV||2 : 3||IdrA||$200|
|2009-04-25||1st||GameoudLoud Invitational||3 : 2||CastrO||$200|
|Complete Results in any Tournament|
- Ret's First Courage Video
- Thread - https://tl.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=106654
- Ret's Second Courage Video
- Thread - https://tl.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=108526
- Ret's Third Courage Video
- Thread - https://tl.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=110415
- Ret discusses Korean BW and SC2 - by Thorin
- Ret reflects on his time in Korea - by AndroidBit
- Poker Strategy TSL - Q3 Winners Interviews
- ret about ZotaC Cup 1
- Ret interviewed by WGTour
- Replay of ret vs. Reach on Heartbreak Ridge Version 2.1 - ret insults the mantoss.
- Replay of ret vs. Nada on Colosseum II - Set 2 @ BlizzCon 2009
- Rets fanclub on facebook.
- "Getting good (again)" - Blog by ret
- TvZ FPVOD vs Mondragon on Destination
- ret and Artosis talking about SCII
- ZvZ mutalisk micro tutorial by ret