Sniper Ridge was a map released in late 2011. Since the release of the revised version a few months later for the 2012 Tving OSL, New Sniper Ridge has largely replaced the original in terms of frequency of use. TLPD records show Sniper Ridge was used approximately 60 times, largely for Proleague games, while New Sniper Ridge has accumulated over 260 games as of October 2014. New Sniper Ridge is one of the more popular maps in terms of organized competitions and show matches.
In reviewing the cumulative history of games played across TLPD Korean, International, and SOSPA, the map shows remarkable balance between the races:
|W-L (%Win)||50-53 (49%)||43-40 (52%)||32-32 (50%)|
Blizzard bans Sniper Ridge
In 2013, a user named Kabel uploaded a StarCraft II version of Sniper Ridge to Battle.net. As the ridges in the center of the map resemble a Swastika, Blizzard quickly suspended the person who uploaded the map for 7 days and have so far not allowed a StarCraft II remake of the map to exist on Battle.net.
- Ridges - The map is often called Lurker Ridge in ZvP because the ridges allow pretty strong Lurker Contains.
- Double gas center expansion - The expansion in the center is valuable, but hard to hold.
Changes from Sniper Ridge to New Sniper Ridge
- Mineral formation at natural changed to make Mutalisk harass easier.
- Chokes at the third gas widened.
- Ramp added leading to the third gas to weaken contains slightly.
- 5 and 11's ridges altered to compensate for the above change.
Map version images
Protoss FE wall-ins