NOTE FROM GHOSTCLAW:
Please leave your name after your comment, as it will allow us to not be forced to go through the history of the talk page to figure out who wrote what.
- Just use 4 tildes (this guy -> ~) and it'll show this: SonuvBob 03:09, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- Above the edit box, next to last item adds a signature (--~~~~) --Abydos1 08:46, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
We need an attractive front page
what about some nice picture, like Xeo's "mindgame"
How about something reminiscent of the Smash Bros opening with all the characters there except it has a whole bunch of progamers p-shopped together
Mock one up and we'll look at it. Also, we have a feedback thread located at http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=94785 and you can join us at #liquipedia on IRC -ghostclaw
"With an update to Team Liquid's Strategy format long overdue" doesn't really make sense. Maybe something like "Though an excellent resource, the format of Team Liquid's Strategy forum has long held it back. We are thus proud to present..." would be better? Also: No comma before "before." Should be "To help contribute, check out the information in "Getting Started" below!"
minor rewrite reply
Can you rewrite the whole thing? i'll copy/paste it in. -ghostclaw
minor rewrite reply
I second this rewrite suggestion, the existing text ("Strategy format") is pretty awkward. -JWD (yeah I have to figure out this sig thing still :P)
minor rewrite suggestion
Here is my suggestion -
Evolving out of Team Liquid's renowned strategy forum, Liquipedia is a collaborative attempt at creating a Starcraft knowledge compendium. From the most up-to-date strategy information to unit and building details, ladder map overviews, and a list of third party tools, this wiki aims to be your one stop resource for everything SC related. Of course, there is a lot that's still missing, and that's why we need your help to develop and expand it further. The strength of a wiki comes from its users, so be sure to sign up and contribute right away. Good luck, and have fun!
Riptide 08:43, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
For Getting Starterd, how about this?
For starters, have a look at our list of Help Articles or read our Mission Statement. If you want to help improve our content, you might want to learn How to Contribute and then find out How to create Articles. Before you begin to edit the wiki however, you should definitely read the Style Guide and of course create an account, since this will make it easier for us to keep track of your edits.
Riptide 08:49, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
Highways - 8 June.
- I think it's important to add the date when the news is released.<br\> Cheers 21:09, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
Progaming Section ?
What about adding a Progaming section menu on the left of the main page among the other menus ? It would give viewers an easy access to the Players, Teams, and Leagues pages. Cheers 09:00, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- Good reminder. This was intended of course and will happen soon. --Aesop 12:15, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
Most viewed pages
What about displaying links to the top 10 most viewed pages on the main page ? It would give viewers an easy access to the most popular content on the wiki. Cheers 09:06, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- Interesting suggestion too, but have to think about what more to include on the mainpage. A link to top 10 views might have to suffice. Anyway, considering it. --Aesop 12:15, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- Most of the top viewed pages are linked to the left/main page already though, 1.Main page 2.Strategy 3.Terran Strategy etc. (from )--Seppolevne 09:03, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
- About template's images, in order to increase the design i think it would be better to remove that 1px line that surround images. Also why limit the teams logos to 90px ? I think it would be better to have 200x200 logos (players images are 200x300). Cheers 21:55, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- If you upload the relevant HQ logos for the teams, we can change it to 200*200, but we don't want any pixelated mess right now. Best, --Aesop 21:05, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
Players stats should be added on their templates, same for teams. <br\>Suggestions:
- Total games played - Wins - Loses (for all mus)
- Total games played - Wins - Loses (per mus)
- Lastest ten match result (ex: W-W-L-W-W-L-L-W-W-W)
Cheers 22:17, 16 June 2009 (UTC)