ZZZKBot was written from scratch (was not based on any other bots).
Doesn't use any 3rd-party bots/frameworks/wrappers/libraries/modules apart from BWAPI.
- A multi armed bandit online learning algorithm for opening selection.
- A simple greedy distance-based distribution of workers to mineral patches.
- It is designed to compete against other bots. It is not designed to compete against humans.
- It competes in AIIDE and CIG bot-vs-bot competitions.
- It is a later version of ZZZBot after it was renamed from ZZZBot to ZZZKBot in October 2015.
- 4 pool. Default build.
- 1 hatch speedling build.
- 1 hatch hydra rush.
- 2 hatch (i.e. macro hatch) muta.
- 1 base guardian.
The 4 pool, speedling and hydra rush builds normally transition into 2 hatch (i.e. macro hatch) muta (otherwise 1 base guardian). All strategies always eventually transition into 1 base guardian. Never expands (for any build).
From AIIDE2017 onwards, ZZZKBot uses the results from past games for an opponent to decide which strategy to try the next game against that opponent.
|2015-09-02||1st||CIG2015||Win %: 81.03||Full game. Note: named |
ZZZBot not ZZZKBot
|2015-11-17||2nd||AIIDE2015||Win %: 87.83 (officially announced as a statistical tie for 1st place), lost 0:2 vs Djem5 in man-vs-machine games||Full game|
|2016-01-30||4th||SSCAIT2015||0 : 2||Stone. Win %: 84.44 (i.e. 4th) in round robin phase, Elimination phase: lost 2:1 vs Killerbot in Semifinals, lost 0:2 vs Stone in Bronze match||Mixed division|
|2016-09-23||4th||CIG2016||Win %: 53.08 (4th) in final phase, 69.18% (7th) in qualifier phase. Note: weak because outdated (submitted old AIIDE 2015 version)||Full game|
|2016-10-14||2nd||AIIDE2016||Win %: 85.05||Full game|
|2016-12-18||4th||SSCAIT2016||0 : 2||Iron in quarterfinals. Win %: 88 (i.e. 4th) in round robin phase||Mixed division|
|2017-08-24||1st||CIG2017||Win %: 82.06||Full game|
|2017-10-09||1st||AIIDE2017||Win %: 83.11||Full game|