2010 MLG Pro Circuit Washington D.C.
MLG, a well known brand among console gamers worldwide, has decided to add StarCraft II to its pro circuit. A selection of invited progamers will compete with an open bracket for $7000 in cash.
Following MLG Raleigh, MLG D.C. was the second of three open events in the 2010 MLG Pro Circuit.
The tournament followed the standard 64 man double-elimination tournament.
The event was casted by Day, djWHEAT and JP McDaniel. The VODS are available on YouTube through MLG's official channel.
This event featured the infamous failed mothership rush by HuK against SeleCT in game 2 of the Loser's Bracket finals.
- Double-elimination Bracket
- All matches Bo3
Offering $7,000 spread among players as follows:
|General Rules Full rules available here.
- The latest official Patch version will be used throughout the Event.
- Players may not appear on a Station with sponsor insignia that is not approved by MLG or conflicts with MLG sponsors. Players and Coaches may be asked to wear MLG apparel for all Matches.
- In the case of a Computer/Monitor malfunction, the Game will be restarted from the beginning.
- No Warm-Up Games may be played outside of scheduled Warm-Up periods.
- During scheduled Warm-Up periods the winner can stay, but the loser must get up.
- During scheduled Warm-Up periods, Players who haven’t been eliminated from the Event have priority over other Players regarding the use of open Stations.
- Players who break General Rules #4-6 may be given a Foul (See Pro Circuit Conduct Rules).
- If a Game is started without the approval of a Referee it will be restarted. If a Player fails to report to their Station within 5 minutes of the announcement, they will Forfeit the 1st Game. 10 minutes after the announcement, a Player will Forfeit their Match. If both Players Forfeit their Match, the higher seeded Player will win the Match.
- Players may be disqualified if they leave their Station without their Referee’s permission, or are otherwise unable to play. Referees may set a time limit for a Player who has requested that they be allowed to leave their Station, however, Referees may also deny a Player’s request to leave their Station. Players may be disqualified if they haven’t returned by the end of the Referee’s set time limit.
- In order to dispute Game results, Players must notify their Referee that they would like to Protest the Game. In order to dispute Match results, Players must notify their Referee that they would like to Protest the Match. Players must notify their Referee of their intent to Protest a Game before a new Game has begun. Players must notify their Referee of their intent to Protest a Match before the Match’s Score Sheet has been submitted to the Tournament Director.
- No looking at an opposing Player’s Monitor or projected screen. Breaking this rule will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
- No Pausing a Game without Referee’s permission. If an issue arises that requires a Pause, Players should contact their Referee immediately. Breaking this rule will result in a Warning. If a Player receives a 2nd Warning they will Forfeit their current Game (See Gameplay Rule #13).
- Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection from the venue.
- The Map for Game 1 of each Match will be selected by MLG and announced prior to the Event.
- Prior to the start of a Best of 3 Game Match and the Blind Pick of Races, each Player may select one Map, from the list of Maps, that can’t be chosen for Games 2-3. The lower seeded Player will be given the opportunity to select a Map first. The higher seeded Player will then be given the opportunity to select a Map.
- The loser of a Game must select the Map for the next Game.
- No Map may be played more than once in the same Best of 3 Game Match, Best of 7 Game Match, or in the Finals.
- Referees will conduct a Blind Pick of Races for Game 1 of a Match.
- The loser of a Game may select a different Race for the next Game.
- Players who quit out of a Game before it has ended, without Referee’s permission, will lose the Game.
- Players who are disqualified prior to the start of a Game will not be allowed to play in the Game. Players who are disqualified during a Game must quit out of the Game. Players who are disqualified won’t receive any Rank Points for their ranking in the Event.
- The higher seeded Player must host all Games in a Match. However, if a Match is broadcast, an observer will host all Games in the Match.
- Only MLG Staff members may connect to the server as an observer. Inviting someone to observe a Match without Referee’s permission will result in a Warning. If a Player receives a 2nd Warning they will Forfeit their current Game (See Gameplay Rule #2).
- If a Player loses their connection to the Host during a Game, the Game must be replayed.
- The higher seeded Player must play as the Red team and the lower seeded Player must play as the Blue team.
- If all Minerals on the Map have been consumed and no Units or Structures have been killed for 5 minutes, the Game will be replayed.
Extended Series rule:
|Best of 7 series start off 2-0 or 2-1 based on results from previous meeting.