2010 Sony Ericsson StarCraft II Open Season 2
This was the second of three GOMTV Global StarCraft II League Open events. For general information not specific to this event, check the main GSL page.
Two maps from season 1 were removed from the map pool: Kulas Ravine and Desert Oasis. They were replaced by Jungle Basin and Shakuras Plateau.
- Preliminary rounds were held from October 9 to 12.
- Unlike season 1, the quarterfinal round (Ro8) was a best of 5 instead of a best of 3. The semifinals (as well as the finals) were a best of 7.
- Map elimination was also changed from season 1:
- Ro64, Ro32: May remove up to 2 maps
- Ro16, Ro8: May remove 1 map
- Semifinals (Ro4), finals: No map removal
The total prize pool was ₩199 600 000, divided among participants as follows:
| 1st||$89,000||₩100,000,000|| NesTea|| Incredible Miracle|
| 2nd||$26,700||₩30,000,000|| MarineKing|| Prime|
| 3rd-4th||$8,900||₩10,000,000|| RainBOw|| StarTale|
|5th-8th||$3,560||₩4,000,000|| Kyrix|| ZeNEX|
| Genius|| ZeNEX|
| NaDa|| Old Generations|
| Zenio|| Old Generations|
|9th-16th||$1,780||₩2,000,000|| Killer|| Team SCV Life|
| Ensnare|| Old Generations|
| Check|| Prime|
| InCa|| Old Generations|
| Loner|| World Elite|
| Leenock|| For Our Utopia|
| IdrA|| Evil Geniuses|
| TheWinD|| Old Generations|
|17th-32nd||$445||₩500,000|| FruitDealer|| Team SCV Life|
| PhoeNix|| WeRRa|
| Rain|| Team SCV Life|
| AcE|| StarTale|
| San|| ZeNEX|
| Tankboy|| Prime|
| cOre|| ZeNEX|
| Terius|| For Our Utopia|
| Suhoshin|| ZeNEX|
| ParkJongHyuk|| Prime|
| Gon|| Old Generations|
| Mvp|| Incredible Miracle|
| MC|| Old Generations|
| Maka|| Prime|
|33rd-64th||$267||₩300,000|| ButterflyEffect|| ZeNEX|
| Baby|| WeRRa|
| Apple|| ZeNEX|
| TLO|| Team Liquid|
| Choya|| For Our Utopia|
| Suzy|| WeRRa|
| KYumer|| Incredible Miracle|
| HongUn|| Prime|
| Flint|| ZeNEX|
| Cezanne|| Old Generations|
| Hyperdub|| Old Generations|
| Garnet|| ZeNEX|
| Aya|| MVP|
| Clide|| Team SCV Life|
| Rain|| For Our Utopia|
| jookTo|| Jung|
| Happiness|| Team SCV Life|
| Lyn|| WeMade FOX|
| Bleach|| ZeNEX|
| Polt|| Prime|
| LegalMind|| ZeNEX|
| FreeDSL|| WeRRa|
| Chief|| ZeNEX|
| Sound|| WeRRa|
| jjakji|| WeRRa|
| TheBest|| For Our Utopia|
| Overthezero|| For Our Utopia|
| BanBans|| ZeNEX|
* Approximate USD amounts taken from http://xe.com on October 28, 2010. [₩1000 KRW = $0.89 USD]
- There were three foreigners in the tournament: IdrA, TLO, and Loner. All three were eliminated at latest in the round of 16. (see bracket)
- This marked the individual StarCraft II progaming debuts of BoxeR and NaDa.
- Over 750 000 people tuned in for BoxeR's round of 64 match.
- Though Maka and HopeTorture had used it previously, the Maka Rax strategy was officially named by Tasteless.
- The Viking Flower trick, first shown by BoxeR, was also named by Artosis.
- For the first time in GSL, the Mothership was built intentionally to turn the tide of the battle.
- While Tasteless and Artosis were at Blizzcon 2010, there were four guest casters used: Jason Lee, Assem, Jørgen Johannesen (XeqtR), and IdrA.
- Player military ranks were revealed before the start of each match.
- Powerade was the sponsored beverage of this event.
- Capital ship watch: Number of games where these units were a major factor in the outcome: