2010 TG Sambo Intel StarCraft II Open Season 1: Preliminaries
The preliminaries took place on the 28th and 29th of August.
- Preliminaries were used to decide the 64 people that would play in the StarCraft II Open Tournaments in GSL 2010.
- It was played at a place designated by GOMTV in Seoul.
- Players were required to arrive on time.
- Players were required to bring their own equipment (Keyboard, Mouse, Mouse Pad, Headset, Mouse Driver) and ID.
- Players that did not bring their own equipment had to use the equipment provided.
- Preliminaries were Bo3.
With almost 2000 players scheduled to play the preliminaries over two days including an announced 100 non-Koreans, the preliminaries weren't streamed so that the event could be run more smoothly. There were 16 groups split between the two days with groups A1, A2, B1, B2 and so on until group H1 and H2.
With 8 western players entered and many top players from Korean clans, the prelims were full of famous names. Many of these players made it through. The only notable upset was that Jinro, Nazgul, Grrrr and Smuft didn't qualify after losing to Cella from the Werra clan. In total, 4 of the 8 who entered from the EU/American scene qualified.
Players tagged with an asterisk have had their Korean names translated or romanised for ease of reading. However, some names are not entire accurate:
- Acupuncture - 허준과침제니스 Means "HeoJoon Branch Acupuncture"
- SqurrelPrime - 다람쥐프라임 DaRamJi is the Romanisation of the Korean for Squirrel.
- CrownPrince - 태자 Tae Ja is the Romanisation of the Korean for Crown Prince.
- SengCun - 생컨웨라 Seng Kon is a type of UMS map where one player can only macro and the other can only micro.