2011 GSL World Championship
The best of the world will be revealed!
The 2011 GOMTV Global StarCraft League World Championship was GOM's "Korea vs the World" event where a team of all-stars from South Korea took on top players from Europe, America and South-East Asia/Oceania in team league and single-elimination bracket events. Players qualified by tournament victories or GSL ranking.
This tournament uses the same map pool as GSL March:
- Crevasse • Crossfire SE • Metalopolis • Scrap Station • Shakuras Plateau • Tal'Darim Altar • Terminus RE • Xel'Naga Caverns
The total prize pool was ₩109,000,000 (US$97,882), divided among participants as follows:
|1st||$26,940||₩ 30,000,000||Mvp||Incredible Miracle|
|3rd-4th||$8,980||₩ 10,000,000||San||New Star HoSeo|
|9th-16th||$2,694||₩ 3,000,000||HuK||Team Liquid|
* Approximate USD amounts taken from http://reuters.com on March 9, 2011. [₩1000 KRW = $0.898 USD]
- Additional Information on GOM's Website
- Official announcement on GOM's Website
- TL Thread Announcing the event
- Official Intro on GOM's Website