MLG's second season with Starcraft 2 now on a main stage, bigger prize pool and many more players
2011 MLG Pro Circuit Raleigh
The fourth event of the MLG 2011 Pro Circuit, held in Raleigh, North Carolina. The tournament features Starcraft 2, League of Legends, Halo:Reach, Call of Duty:Black Ops and others.
Starcraft 2 was once again on the main stage, cast by Artosis & Tasteless and Day & Husky with JP McDaniel interviewing the players appearing on stage. JP McDaniel also spent some time in the casting booths with Tasteless and Artosis. Once again there was both a Red and a Blue stream available.
- Raleigh Convention Center
MLG Raleigh featured a double-elimination format with a 20 player group stage (including 4 GSL invited players). Detailed information about Format, Maps, and Rules is available in the 2011 MLG Overview page.
MLG Raleigh boasted a $14,000 prize pool spread among players as follows:
As part of the GSL-MLG Exchange Program DongRaeGu will be awarded a GSL Code S spot.
The Korean invites for MLG Raleigh 2011, TricKsteR, CoCa, NaDa, and Bomber.
On August 1, IMMvp and Bomber were announced to be the first two Korean players to be invited to MLG from the GSL-MLG Exchange Program.
On August 11, all of the invitees were revealed (Bomber, Nada, TricksteR, and Coca) with Mvp being unable to make it.
* Undefeated player from Open Bracket.
Championship Losers' Bracket Round 1-6
Championship Bracket Round 7-11
Extended Series rule:
|Best of 7 series starting 2-0 or 2-1 based on result of previous meeting. |
Playoff Match Summary
Upper Bracket Final
Loser Bracket Final
Final Top 32 Rankings
- Mvp, the defending champion did not return to attempt to keep his title due to his decision to focus on the GSL.
- Just like for all previous MLG SC2 tournaments, this was the first MLG event the winner, Bomber, participated in.
- This MLG occurred during Hurricane Irene, which made land fall in North Carolina. Fortunately aside from some bad weather MLG was not very much affected.