2012 Global StarCraft II League Season 4: Up and Down Matches
The GSL Season 4 Up and Down matches are preliminary matches in a GSL season where players who did not get eliminated previous season's Code A decide their status for this season. The format being a group stage with large groups allows GOMTV to inject players to the GSL through these matches and allows the seeded players to compete for their status as a Code S player.
This season 30 players were expected to participate, forming five groups of six players, however prior to the groups being announced ForGG and GanZi cancelled their participation and later ThorZaIN and viOLet forfeited their spots.
- 12 Code Ro24 Winners automatically advance to Code without going through the Up & Down Matches.
- 16 Code Ro32 Losers + 12 Code Ro24 Losers = 28 players.
- Players are divided into 5 groups of 6 or 5 players.
- Each group's 1st and 2nd Place advance to Code .
- Tie breaker: If player A and player B have the same number of wins, but A has won over B in a previous game then A will be the winner. If a tie still exists, a rematch will be played.
|Protoss (8)||Terran (11)||Zerg (6)|
|2012 Season 3 Code A Ro32 Losers|
|2012 Season 3 Code A Ro24 Losers|
|Seeded International Players|
- ForGG and GanZi forfeited their slots due to personal reasons. 
- ThorZaIN forfeited his Up & Down group. viOLet forfeited his group as well. 
August 27, 2012 18:10 KST:
|Group A Matches|
August 28, 2012 18:10 KST:
|Group B Matches|
August 31, 2012 18:10 KST*:
|Group C Matches|
August 30, 2012 18:10 KST:
- GSL Season 4 Up & Down schedule change.
Racial Distribution (Groups)
|MaNa (⇗)||Bomber (⇗)||Sniper (⇔)||GuMiho (⇔)||Happy (⇔)|
|SuperNova (⇔)||Ryung (⇔)||Life (⇗)||HerO (⇔)||SuHoSin (⇔)|
|jjakji (⇔)||HyuN (⇔)||KeeN (⇘)||ThorZaIN (⇘)||Puzzle (⇔)|
|AcE (⇔)||Hack (⇔)||Killer (⇔)||YugiOh (⇘)||Vampire (⇔)|
|Creator (⇘)||Oz (⇘)||TheStC (⇘)||viOLet (⇘)||GanZi (⇘)|
|ForGG (⇔)||Maru (⇘)||Shine (⇔)||aLive (⇔)|