2012 Global StarCraft II Team League Season 3
- All matches are Best of 9, All-Kill Format.
- Each winner will stay, the losing team will chose their next player and the map.
- Teams have been ranked based on their performance in 2012 GSTL Season 1 and 2012 GSTL Season 2. The top 6 teams (FXOpen e-Sports, Prime, SlayerS, StarTale, MVP, and Team SCV Life) will be seeded into Round 2.
- Round 1
- The remaining 3 teams play round robin style: All teams will play each other and only 2 will advance.
- Round 2
- Both advancing teams from round 1 join the top 6 teams from last season into the second group stage.
- Dual Tournament format (same as Code S Ro32 / Ro16).
- Two teams advance to round Playoffs, two teams are eliminated.
- Semifinals: Group A 1st vs Group B 2nd, Group A 2nd vs Group B 1st.
- Grand Finals.
The total prize pool is ₩62,000,000, divided among participants as follows:
|1st||$27,726.43||₩ 30,000,000||FXOpen e-Sports|
|3rd-4th||$3,696.86||₩ 4,000,000||Team SCV Life|
|7th-8th||$1,848.43||₩ 2,000,000||Incredible Miracle|
|9th||$924.21||₩ 1,000,000||New Star HoSeo|
Converted USD prizes are based on the currency exchange rate (taken from xe.com) on December 8, 2012: 1,000 KRW = 0.92421 USD.
The Most Valuable Player of the winning team will be awarded the MVP Gold Card Award.
- Capital ship watch: Games where these units were a major factor in the outcome:
- Spoiler-free Official YouTube VODs @ SC2Casts