MLG Pro Circuit 2012 Winter: Overview
The 2012 MLG Pro Circuit Winter season is the first of four seasons of the new 2012 MLG Pro Circuit format.
The 2012 Winter Season will feature three online qualifiers, one Arena event and the season Championship in Columbus, Ohio. The top 8 players of each qualifier will be seeded together with the top 8 from 2011 MLG Providence to compete in the Winter Arena for sixteen paid trips to Columbus and a seed in pool play. The bottom 16 players will get seeded into the open winners bracket round 5.
- European Qualifier: 31 January to 2 February 2012, Online
- Korean Qualifier: 3 to 5 February 2012, Online
- North American Qualifier: 16 to 19 February 2012, Online
- 2012 Winter Arena: 24 to 26 February 2012, New York City, New York
- 2012 Winter Championship: 23 to 25 March 2012, Columbus, Ohio
Arena Prize Pool
26,000$ is spread among the players as seen below:
Championship Prize Pool
76,000$ is spread among the players as seen below:
Winter Season Format
MLG uses various maps created by a Blizzard and GSL and republishes them under an MLG tag with slight modifications:
- Neutral lowered Supply Depots are placed below the ramp of every spawning position.
- Close ground distance spawns are disabled.
- All high yield mineral patches on all maps have been replaced with regular minerals.
MLG Winter Arena map pool:
- Antiga Shipyard - Cross Spawns Only
- Dual Sight
- Entombed Valley - All Spawns Allowed
- Metalopolis - No Close by Ground Spawns
- Shakuras Plateau - No Close by Ground Spawns
- Tal’darim Altar - All Spawns Allowed
- MLG Homepage
- MLG Pro Circuit Homepage
- "First Details about the MLG 2012 Pro Circuit" MajorLeagueGaming.com. Thread on TeamLiquid.net
- "2012 Pro Circuit Dates and StarCraft 2 Winter Championship Prize Money" MajorLeagueGaming.com. Thread on TeamLiquid.net
- MLG Winter Arena Map Information majorleaguegaming.com. February 26th, 2012