2012 OnGameNet Starleague Season 1
The 2012 Auction All-Kill OnGameNet Starleague is the first StarCraft II OnGameNet Starleague.
After the 2011-12 SK Planet Proleague Season 2 introduced StarCraft II as a KeSPA-sanctioned game, the 2012 Auction All Kill OnGameNet Starleague will be the first StarCraft II-only league with KeSPA Players competing alongside non-KeSPA players.
e-Sports Federation Players Participation
During the 2012 GSL Season 3, KeSPA announced that they will consider allowing their players to attempt to qualify for this season of the Global StarCraft II League, however on August 23 KeSPA announced that due to scheduling conflicts their players would not participate in this GSL season.
Today, we have received an official response from KeSPA, stating that their players will, once again, not participate in the GSL Season 4 Code A qualifiers.
This announcement came as a surprise as KeSPA and ESF players have already been competing in the World Championship Series Korea Nationals and were scheduled to face off in the OnGameNet Starleague Season 1, as well as the progress made during the StarCraft II eSports Transition Conference where it was announced that the different leagues and KeSPA would be cooperating. Blizzard Korea staff immediately stated that they are disconcerted by KeSPA's announcement and will look over it and make an announcement about it soon.
The next day on August 24 the eSports Federation announced that its players decided to support GOMTV in this conflict, and that all ESF players will not participate in the OSL until KeSPA's players participate in the GSL. With the OSL Season 1 Round of 16 scheduled to take place on August 28 where the ESF's most prominent players were matched against KeSPA's most prominent players this boycott left KeSPA no choice but to announce that they will allow their players to participate in the next GSL Season, Season 5.
On August 25 the eSports Federation replied to KeSPA's decision regarding GSL Season 5, saying that while this is a step in the right direction, they will not participate in the OSL until KeSPA players participate in the GSL and until KeSPA will allow its players to participate in any future GSL seasons as well.
- 12 groups, each with a maximum of 32 player.
- Each group is a Single-elimination Bracket.
- Best of 3.
- Group winner qualifies for the Dual Tournament.
Dual Tournament format.
- Best of 1.
- The 4 players of each group are split into two pairs and play each other.
- The winners of these matches will then face each other in the Winner’s match.
- The victor places first in the group and advances to the Main Tournament.
- The losers of the initial matches face each other in the Loser’s match.
- The loser places fourth in the group and is eliminated from the tournament.
- The loser of the Winner’s match and the winner of the Loser’s match will face each other in a fifth match.
- The winner gets second place in the group and advances to Main Tournament.
- The loser places third in the group and is eliminated from the tournament.
- Ro16: Group Stage format.
- Group Nominations.
- Best of 1.
- Top 2 advance to Quarterfinals.
- Quarterfinals: Single-elimination playoffs.
- Quarterfinals: Best of 5.
- Semifinals: Best of 7.
- Finals: Best of 7.
Main Tournament Casters:
|Preliminaries||Dual Tournament||Main Tournament|
|WCS Antiga Shipyard||WCS Antiga Shipyard||WCS Antiga Shipyard|
|WCS Entombed Valley||WCS Entombed Valley||WCS Entombed Valley|
|WCS Ohana LE||WCS Ohana LE||WCS Ohana LE|
|WCS Daybreak LE|
Converted USD prizes are based on the currency exchange rate (taken from xe.com) on October 27, 2012: 1,000 KRW = 0.91216 USD.
|Protoss (10)||Terran (9)||Zerg (11)|
|Seeded Non-KeSPA Players into Dual Tournament (4)|
|Qualified Non-KeSPA Players for Dual Tournament (12)|
|Seeded KeSPA Players into Dual Tournament (2)|
|Qualified KeSPA Players for Dual Tournament (10)|
|Seeded KeSPA Players into Round of 16 (2)|
- "Regarding KeSPA players at GSL Season 4 Code A Qualifiers" Gom's announcement
- "KeSPA rejected to join GSL Starcraft2 League" Article by Thisigame
- eSports federation players defer OSL participation
- "After ESF's threat of boycotting OSL, KeSPA decided to participate GSL Season 5". Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "eSports Federation STILL refuses to join OSL". Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- Antoine (2012-06-15). "OSL qualifiers announced".