2013 Global StarCraft II League Season 1
Ro32 & Ro16 Group play
Ro8 and on Single-elimination Code
₩172,800,000 (≃ $161,836 USD
Number of Players:
The 2013 Global StarCraft II League Season 1 is the first season of the GSL in 2013. The GSL is the league where many of the best Korean and foreign professional gamers come to compete. The format allows up to a week's preparation before each of your matches, promoting well thought out play.
The new map pool for the first GSL season of 2013 is:
- GSL Whirlwind SE • GSL Bel'Shir Vestige SE • KeSPA Neo Planet S • GSL Akilon Flats • GSL Icarus • GSL Daybreak • GSL Cloud Kingdom
Some maps have been modified:
- On Akilon Flats:
- Neutral supply depot have been added to the bottom of the ramp of the main base.
- destructible rocks have had their health lowered to 1000.
- the Xel'Naga Tower in the center area will lose power for the rest of the game after 7 minutes.
- On Whirlwind:
- Destructible rocks have been added to both second expansions.
- On Bel'Shir Vestige:
- The tower at the fast expansion where overlords can hide has been removed.
- Destructible rocks have been added to second expansions.
- The route from the second expansions to the center area is now a slope.
2012 Schedule compared to 2011.
The New 2012 GSL Sponsorship League format.
This is the GSL's main tournament, where 32 players compete for the championship. See the Code S page for more details.
- Round of 32:
- Eight groups consisting of four players each, groups are played in a dual tournament format where all matches are Bo3.
- 1st and 2nd places will advance to Ro16
- 3rd place will drop into Code Ro32 and 4th place will drop into Code Ro48
- Round of 16:
- Four groups consisting of four players each, groups are played in a dual tournament format where all matches are Bo3.
- 1st and 2nd places will advance to Ro8
- 3rd and 4th places will drop into Code Ro24
- Round of 8:
- Single-elimination tournament for the championship. Ro8 are Bo5 and Semifinals and Grand Finals are Bo7.
- All 8 players who make it to this round are seeded in next tournament's Code
- Code Casters:
Simultaneous "tournament" closely integrated with Code . Players who lose in the first round drop out of the GSL entirely and players who win their brackets advance directly to the next season's Code S. All other players play in next season's Up and Down matches.
- Round of 48:
- Round consists of 40 qualified players and 8 Ro32 4th place finishers.
- Winners advance to Ro32, losers drop out of GSL entirely and must re-qualify in next season's preliminaries.
- Round of 32:
- Round consists of 24 Ro48 winners and 8 Ro32 3rd place finishers.
- Winners advance to Ro24, losers will play in next season's Up & Down matches.
- Round of 24:
- The Code qualification round
- Round consists of 16 Ro32 winners and 8 Ro16 3rd and 4th place finishers
- Winners advance to next season's Code , losers will play in next season's Up & Down matches
- Code Casters:
Up and Down Matches
The Up and Down matches take place at the beginning of the season, they are composed of the losers of previous season's Code Ro32 and Ro24 and 2 seeded international players to make 30 Up & Down players. These 30 players are divided into 5 groups of 6 players.
- First and second place from each group, a total of 10 players, will receive Code status.
- Third Place from each group (5 Players), will be placed into a Wild Card Group
- The Wild Card group is exactly the same format as the Up and Down Matches where the first and second of this group will be given Code status, and the remaining 3 players will be given Code Ro48
- The remaining 15 players (those that placed 4th -6th) will be in this season's Code Ro48.
- Up & Down Casters:
The total prize pool is ₩172,800,000 (Approximately $161,836 USD, €122,445 EUR) divided among participants as follows.
The Code S prize pool is ₩132,000,000 (Approximately $123,624 USD, €93,534 EUR) divided among participants as follows:
| 1st||$46,827||₩60,000,000|| RorO|| Samsung KHAN|
| 2nd||$18,731||₩20,000,000|| Symbol|| AZUBU|
| 3rd-4th||$4,683||₩6,000,000|| Curious|| StarTale|
| TaeJa|| Team Liquid|
|5th-8th||$2,810||₩3,000,000|| INnoVation|| STX SouL|
| PartinG|| SK Telecom T1|
| Soulkey|| Woongjin Stars|
| MC|| SK Gaming|
|9th-12th||$1,873||₩2,000,000|| Life|| StarTale|
| GuMiho|| FXOpen e-Sports|
| DongRaeGu|| MVP|
|13th-16th||$1,873||₩2,000,000|| BBoongBBoong|| AZUBU|
| LosirA|| Incredible Miracle|
| MarineKing|| Prime|
| Bomber|| StarTale|
|17th-24th||$1,405||₩1,500,000|| Stephano|| Evil Geniuses|
| Noblesse|| MVP|
| KeeN|| MVP|
| Ryung|| Axiom|
| Sniper|| MVP|
| Leenock|| FXOpen e-Sports|
| Creator|| Prime|
|25th-32nd||$1,405||₩1,500,000|| Hack|| StarTale|
| NesTea|| Incredible Miracle|
| Mvp|| Incredible Miracle|
| ByuN|| Prime|
| YoDa|| Incredible Miracle|
| HuK|| Evil Geniuses|
| TY|| 8th Team|
| ByuL|| Incredible Miracle|
* Currency conversion is based on the currency exchange rate (taken from xe.com) on December 29th, 2012. [₩1000 KRW ≈ $0.936549 USD ≈ €0.708593 EUR]
- Code newcomers: Stephano, ByuL
- Code newcomers: Grubby, Trust, HS, LabyRinth, s2, TRUE, Shine, Arthur, Tear, Reality, Sola, soO, Crazy
- This is the first season where Terran is not the most numerous race in Code .
- This is the last GSL played on Wings of Liberty.
|: Round of 16
|: Round of 32
|UD: + Total
|: To Code
|: Round of 24
|: Round of 32
|: Round of 48