2013 WCS Season 1 Korea GSL
Ro32 & Ro16 Group play
Ro8 and on Single-elimination
(≃ $135,641.28 USD)
The 2013 WCS Season 1 Korea GSL is the Korean event of the first season of the 2013 WCS. The WCS Korea is the league where many of the best Korean and foreign professional gamers come to compete. The format allows up to a week's preparation before each of your matches, promoting well thought out play.
The map pool for the first WCS Korea season of 2013 is:
- Whirlwind LE • Bel'Shir Vestige LE • DF Atlas • Akilon Wastes LE • GSL Star Station • Daybreak LE • GSL Red City
- Whirlwind, Bel'Shir Vestige and Akilon Wastes have been changed to the ladder version.
- On Star Station:
- Horizontal spawns disabled.
Code S (Premier League)
- Round of 32:
- Round of 16:
- Round of 8:
- Single-elimination tournament for the WCS Korea championship. Ro8 and Semifinals are Bo5 and Grand Finals are Bo7.
- All 8 players who make it to this round are seeded in next season's remier league, OnGameNet Starleague (OSL).
Up & Down Matches
The Up & Down stage of hallenger League takes place at the beginning of the season. They are composed of the losers of previous season's hallenger League (For season 1, the last GSL Code ) Ro32 and Ro24 and 2 winners of a qualifying tournament to make 30 Up & Down players. These 30 players are divided into 6 groups of 5 players.
- First and second place from each group, a total of 12 players, will receive remier League status.
- The remaining 18 players (those that placed 3rd - 5th) will be in this season's hallenger League Ro48.
Simultaneous "tournament" closely integrated with remier League. Players who lose in the first round drop out of the WCS entirely and players who win their brackets advance directly to the next season's remier League. All other players play in next season's Up & Down matches.
- Round of 48:
- Round consists of 40 qualified players and 8 Ro32 4th place finishers.
- Winners advance to the hallenger League Ro32, losers drop out of WCS entirely and must re-qualify in next season's preliminaries.
- Round of 32:
- Round consists of 24 Ro48 winners and 8 Ro32 3rd place finishers.
- Winners advance to Ro24, losers will play in next season's Up & Down matches.
- Round of 24:
- The remier League qualification round
- Round consists of 16 Ro32 winners and 8 Ro16 3rd and 4th place finishers
- Winners advance to next season's remier League, losers will play in next season's Up & Down matches
|hallenger League Up & Downs|
|hallenger League Bracket Stage|
|hallenger League Dropouts|
|To Season 1 Finals|
- GOM.chung (2013-01-16). "New Maps for 2013 GSL season 2". GOMTV.net. Retrieved 2013-01-16.