2014-15 Season 2 eGamers Starcraft II Open
eGamers Starcraft II Open, established in 2012, is the first long-term StarCraft II amateur tournament in Taiwan. Cooperating closely with Blizzard Entertainment and Taiwan eSports League, eGamers have helped the players who aim at becoming the professional players to realize their dreams.
There are six weeks during this season. The first five weeks are individual tournaments, and the sixth week is the Grand Final.
In the season, the single elimination tournament will be played in the first five weeks. The matches of Ro32, Ro16, Ro8, Ro4 and the third place are Best-of-three, while the championship match is Best-of-five. Ro32, Ro16 and Ro8 will be played on Mondays; Ro4, the third place match and the championship match will be played on Thursdays.
The sixth week will be the Grand Final. The points gained by each player during the first five weeks will be calculated, and the players will be ranked. The top 16 players will advance to the Grand Final. The Grand Final is dual tournament format. A group of 4 players are placed into a standard double elimination bracket where each match is a best of 3 games. The matchups will follow a standard double elimination bracket until the following scores are achieved: 1st place (2-0), 2nd place (2-1), 3rd place (1-2), 4th place (0-2).
Dual Tournament Format
- The 4 players of each group are split into two pairs and play each other.
- The winners of these matches will then face each other in the Winner’s match. The victor places first in the group.
- The losers of the initial matches face other in the Loser’s match. The loser places fourth in the group.
- The loser of the Winner’s match and the winner of the Loser’s match will face each other in a fifth match. The winner get second place in the group, and the loser places third.
After the Grand Final, the total points during the six weeks will be calculated. The top 10 players will advance TeSL Super League Up & Down Matches, which is on-site. There may be additional ranking matches between the players who have the same points and want to advance to TeSL Super League Up & Down Matches. If the advanced player gives up the qualification of the TeSL Super League Up & Down Matches, the prize will be cancelled and the qualification will be given to another player in the order of the total points.
The format of the TeSL Super League Up & Down Matches will be announced by TeSL.
Map Pool Details
The map pool for eGamers Starcraft II Open follows the official map pool on the active StarCraft II Ladder. The map pool will change in with each season.
- Catallena LE (2)
- Nimbus LE (2)
- Foxtrot Labs LE (2)
- Merry Go Round LE (2)
- Overgrowth LE (2)
- King Sejong Station LE (4)
- Deadwing LE (4)
The total prize pool is NT$31,500 (≈1,041 USD). The top 3 players from first 5 week will be awarded with 2,000/1,000/500 (TWD) Same with Grand Championship (6th week).
- [eGamers Starcraft II Open 2014-15 Season 2 Group A 預賽-1 預賽-2決賽]
- [eGamers Starcraft II Open 2014-15 Season 2 Group B 預賽-1 預賽-2決賽-1決賽-2決賽-3]
- [eGamers Starcraft II Open 2014-15 Season 2 Group C 預賽-1 預賽-2決賽決賽-2]
- [eGamers Starcraft II Open 2014-15 Season 2 Group D 預賽 決賽-1決賽-2]
- [eGamers Starcraft II Open 2014-15 Season 2 Group E 預賽 決賽-1決賽-2]
- [eGamers Starcraft II Open 2014-15 Season 2 Finals A&B 決賽-1決賽-2]
- [eGamers Starcraft II Open 2014-15 Season 2 Finals C&D 決賽-1決賽-2]