2014 WCS Season 1 America
2 Group Stages,
The 2014 WCS Season 1 America was the first American event of the 2014 StarCraft II World Championship Series.
The tournament was initially produced by NASL from its studios in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. However due to the abrupt closure of NASL mid-season, the remaining portion of the tournament was taken over by ESL. The Premier League Round of 16 and Playoffs, originally to be held at the NASL Studios, was moved to ESL Studio One in Cologne, Germany to be run parallel with 2014 WCS Season 1 Europe. 
- 7 regional and wildcard qualifiers advance 24 players to the hallenger League.
- The Challenger League consists of:
- Each returning player faces a qualified player in a single Bo5 match.
- The winner advances to remier League.
- The loser is eliminated and may requalify next season.
- Group Stage #1 (Round of 32): Dual Tournament Format.
- Bottom 16 fall to next season's hallenger League.
- Group Stage #2 (Round of 16): Dual Tournament Format.
- All 16 players who make it to this round are seeded in next season's remier League.
- Playoffs: Single-elimination bracket.
- NovaMB (2014-03-07). "NASL end SC2 Operations, ESL to take over WCS AM". TL.net.