2016 Global StarCraft II League Pre-Season
The 2016 Global StarCraft II League Pre-Season is a series of two tournaments held before the 2016 Global Starcraft II League Season officially begins. It will award two Code seeds to 2016 Global StarCraft II League Season 1 for the winners of both tournaments.
- Players are split into eight brackets, two held in the morning and two in the afternoon, with four groups played each day across two days.
- Top 2 of each group advance to the Round of 16.
- Games are played online.
- Qualified players are placed in a 16 player single-elimination bracket.
- The Round of 16 and Quarterfinals are played online, while the Semifinals and Finals are played offline at the FreecUP (formerly GOMeXP) Studio.
- Round of 16: Best-of-three.
- Quarterfinals: Best-of-three.
- Semifinals: Best-of-five.
- Finals: Best-of-five.