2017 WCS Global Finals
The 2017 WCS Global Finals are the conclusion of the 2017 StarCraft II World Championship Series. Sixteen players (seven from WCS Korea, eight from WCS Circuit, and the IEM World Champion) compete for the most prestigious trophy in 2017. They qualify either by winning one of the seven tournaments providing a direct spot, or by earning WCS points throughout 2017 in multiple leagues and events. The players will first go through the Global Playoffs, a group stage. The eight remaining players will participate in the Global Finals, the culmination of the World Championship Series.
Casters, Hosts and Observers
- English Broadcast
- Remote Broadcast
- Show All
- Other Language Commentators
At the end of the year, eight players from each region qualify to the Playoffs:
- IEM World Championship: 1 seed for the winner of the tournament.
- WCS Korea: 3 seeds from the GSL events, 4 seeds from the standings
- WCS Circuit: 4 seeds from the Circuit Championships, 4 seeds from the standings
If a player has won multiple GSL events, or multiple Circuit Championships, then there will be one more seed from the standings.
- Global Playoffs (Round of 16)
- Four groups of four players (two players from WCS Korea, two players from WCS Circuit)
- Players seeded by their WCS Korea/Circuit points.
- Dual tournament format
- Matches are Bo3.
- Top 2 players of each group advance to the Global Finals.
- Global Finals (Round of 8)
- Single-elimination Bracket.
- All matches are Bo5 except Finals which are Bo7.
Races and Teams
Korea Points and Standings
Circuit Points and Standings
The base prize pool for the WCS Global Finals is 500,000 USD.
In addition, it has been increased by a further 200,000 USD from War Chest purchases, totaling 700,000 USD in 2017.
| Group A
|October 27, 2017 - 9:00 PDT
| Group B
|October 27, 2017 - 12:10 PDT
|Round of 16|
|Round of 16
WCS Signature Series
Data about number of viewers:
- The tournament's Overall peak was 710 073 viewers
- The tournament's peak Without Chinese viewers was 101 530 viewers
- English streams peak was 88 540 viewers
- Russian streams peak was 4 426 viewers
- Chinese streams peak was 608 543 viewers
- Twitch.tv peak was 101 889 viewers
The total time watched was 6 650 553 hours
The average concurrent viewership was 171 259 viewers