3 Gate Pressure (vs. Protoss)
This build allows you to hit a very sharp nine Stalker timing-attack against opponents who open with a fast expansion.
The build allows for two different follow-ups — one with faster tech and one with a faster expansion — which allows you to be safe against any opposing cheeses or all-ins that you might scout or suspect.
Basic Build Order
|3 Gate Pressure (vs. Protoss)|
- Your first two Stalkers should be used to scout areas of the map that your Probe couldn't scout when it was sent out to your proxy location.
- If you went for the Robotics Facility and Shield Battery option, only place down your expansion once you're sure that continuing to warp-in offensively won't deal any additional damage. Because you're expanding slower, failure to deal damage with your attack will leave you economically behind.
- If you went for the Nexus option, only restart Probe production once you're sure that continuing to warp-in offensively won't deal any additional damage. Because you're expanding faster, there is less onus on you to deal damage with your attack.
- In either case, the standard transition is towards upgraded Blink Stalkers, which you can achieve by placing down a Twilight Council and a Forge after securing your expansion. After getting Blink, both Disruptor and Chargelot/Archon transitions are viable mid-game options.
Replays & VODs
|Patience||Patience using the build against a Robotics Facility opening from Gemini. Patience opts for the fast Nexus option.|
- This guide gives an explanation of the breadth of scouting possible when using this strategy.