Follow us on Twitter @LiquipediaSC2
if you'd like to be kept up to date on all things StarCraft II!
Liquipedia will soon drop support for Internet Explorer.
3 Reaper Rush (vs. Terran)
SCDPride / PrideTV
An early attack timing using early groups of Reapers in sets of three. This is effective as three shots are required to kill SCVs and Marines. Not only is this strong against any early Marine all-ins, but it provides early access to the opponent's base and allows for heavy early-game pressure, giving plenty of time to prepare a response to the opponent's opening.
Basic Build Order
|Basic Build Order
- 10 Supply Depot
- 12 Barracks (1)
- 12 Refinery (1)
- 14 Barracks (2)
- 15 Tech Lab on Barracks (1)
- 15 Orbital Command Upgrade
- 15 Reaper
- Send to Xel'naga near opponent's base, wait for Reaper (2) (3) then attack.
- 16 Tech Lab on Barracks (2)
- 16 Supply Depot
- 17 Refinery (2)
- 24 Factory + Engineering Bay
- Reapers are a strong early game option but hold back army production in the long run, if the opponent has successfully produced a tank or enough Marauders then it is unwise to continue to make Reapers.
- Instead of continuing to attack the opponent, Reapers can also be used to for scouting the enemy's army movements and expansion timing, allowing you play more safely.
- With the information gained from the Reapers, it is best to match the opponent's army size and expansion timing if unsure. At least one Factory and infantry upgrades after expanding is a good place to start, i.e. Siege Expand.