|This strategy has been validated to work for patch 1.5.3.|
This is a 2 Base all-in that follows a FFE opening. There are many ways to open up into this type of attack, but the general aim is to have 2 fully mining bases, 7 Gateways, Blink Research and +2 Attack all finished by ~10:00 for a mass Blink Stalker attack.
One of the more popular variations of the build opens up with a FFE and follows this with 4 Gateway pressure in order to prevent the Zerg opponent from droning up too heavily. Whilst the pressure is going on, the Protoss player starts to research Blink and +2 Attack ready for the eventual all-in. Many Zerg players are afraid of this build, including Scarlett. This build depends heavily on the ability of the Protoss player to micro Blink Stalkers and this means that it is not a recommended strategy for lower-level players.
The first goal is to hit the Zerg with 5 Zealots and 1 Stalker as Warpgate Research finishes (this is a standard 4 Gate pressure). This should hit when the Zerg has ~40 Drones and should force them to make Roaches and Zerglings instead of Drones; delaying the Zerg economy in this manner should help to make them weaker against the eventual Blink Stalker all-in.
The next goal is to hit the Zerg with the 7 Gate Blink Stalker all-in whilst their economy is still trying to recover (50-60 Drones). If they get greedy with either economy or Tech then they likely will not have enough to defend the attack, although most Zerg players will be ready for this timing and so Blink micro will be the key.
Basic Build Order
- Continue to make Probes until you have 22 Probes at each base (44 total = 32 on Minerals and 12 on Gas).
- You will likely need 1-2 extra Probes out on the map for scouting and producing proxy Pylons.
- One key mistake that players make is that they over micro their Zealots during their 4 Gate pressure. You should be focusing on hitting the correct timings for your buildings and crucial upgrades (Blink, +2) instead of focusing too much on your Zealots.
- Try to kill as many Zerglings as possible with your Zealot warp-in.
- Retreat if you see very fast Roaches with your Zealot warp-in.
- Do not make more than 5 Sentries with this build.
Replays & VODs