Arakan Citadel is the first 6 player map released for the beta in patch 13. It is intended for 3v3 play.
Official Map Description
Team play map, your allies are nearby. Each team has bonus resources that are easily defended. Other resources are harder to protect.
- Each team spawning NW and SE of each other, sharing two main chokes for ground based assaults allowing teams to easily wall in.
- The two accessible expansions have destructible rocks, making them somewhat less lucrative for early expansions but much easier to defend than the expansions directly outside of the base.
- These two expansions are very close to each-other, and if a Zerg teammate takes one of these expansions, the creep will make the nearby expo unavailable to both Terran and Protoss players unless it is built before the creep extends that far.
- There are a total of ten (10) Xel'Naga watch towers on this map, two sets of three are in each base, two towers directly opposite both east and west of the center assault lane, and two more on the far SW and NE expansions guarded by destructible rocks.
- There are two gold expansions, but they are easily accessible via the northern or southern ground attack lanes respectively and do not have any vespene geysers.
- Additional expansions can be found adjacent of the left ramp near the watchtowers as well as two more at the 2/8 o'clock position pinched between two destructible rocked entrances
The elevated platforms at the 8'o'clock and the 2'o'clock of each team's choke points are excellent locations for proxies and drops. Very few players routinely scout out each platform, opting to take control of the central Xel'Naga watch tower.
If you are in the central base on either side, make sure you scout the expansion behind you. Protoss players can rush a pylon and several cannons here that will be out of your sight; once they move their probe up into your base for vision, all of your workers / mineral line will be in range.