Daniel "Artosis" Stemkoski is a former StarCraft II and Brood War player, former manager of Sixjax Gaming and well-known commentator from the United States, currently residing in Seoul, South Korea. He is best known for commentating the GOMTV Global StarCraft II League main event alongside his co-caster Tasteless. He is a deeply respected member of the StarCraft community, and is widely considered to be one half of the best casting duo in all of esports, Tastosis.
Artosis offers video insight into the GSL and GOMTV via his YouTube channel, including, but not limited to, interviews with all the foreign players who attempted to qualify for the GSL during the open seasons. He streams both StarCraft 2 and StarCraft Remastered gameplay on his Twitch channel as well.
Throughout the beta and continuing into the official release, Artosis was a vocal critic of Blizzard's race balancing decisions, asserting that they had severely weakened Zerg against the other races.
- On March 24, 2010, Artosis was ranked first in the Platinum League division 7 with a 310-157 record for 1v1.
- Artosis competed in the very first StarCraft II beta show match sponsored by MLG, the MLG SC2 KotBH, where he lost 1-3 against Louder.
Wings of Liberty
Artosis continued to actively play after launch. His gameplay is characterized by an extremely safe, economical and passive style. He strongly dislikes cheese and/or all-in gameplay.
His first achievement came as a 3rd/4th-place finish in the IEM US Regular Season Cup #2 which gave him a spot in the IEM Group Stages and a chance to qualify for the IEM Season V - American Championships. On top of this, Artosis traveled to Germany as one of the 10 invitees to the IEM Season V - Global Challenge Cologne, the first major live StarCraft event in Europe.
On January 16, 2011, MYM announced that their SC2 roster would be reinforced, albeit leaving Artosis as an inactive member of the roster for the remainder of his contract. On February 24, Artosis announced via a Twitter post that he had left MYM.
Artosis maintained his desire to continue as a player, being picked as the coach for the World All-Star team for 2011 GSL World Championship. Despite ultimately losing, he helped the foreigners to a surprisingly strong 7-8 finish against the South Koreans. In addition, he applied and was accepted as one of the 50 invitees for the North American Star League. He was placed into Division 1, which he finished with 1-8, only winning his match against Grubby. He returned to cast the Grand Finals in Ontario California alongside Tasteless, iNcontroL, Gretorp and Day9.
On March 31, 2011, Artosis announced that he would be taking up the role of team captain for the North American organization Sixjax Gaming. He remained captain until they disbanded on September 16, 2011.
Heart of the Swarm
He operates a very popular stream on Twitch TV, where he showcases his play and thought processes on the Korean ladder.
|In Premier tournaments|
|2010-09-09||33 - 64th||2010 TG Sambo Intel StarCraft II Open Season 1||1 : 2||FreeSaGa||$260|
|2010-08-18||9 - 12th||IEM Season V - Global Challenge Cologne||1-2||Grp S.||$400|
|In Minor and Monthly tournaments|
|2017-07-09||3 - 4th||EsportsEarnings Casters Invitational||0 : 3||ToD||$829|
|Complete Results in any Tournament|
|In Minor tournaments|
|2010-04-03||1st||Smuft's Team Battle Tournament||$166.67|
|Complete Results in any Tournament|
- TSL 1
- TSL 2
- 2010 StarCraft II Open Season 1
- 2010 StarCraft II Open Season 2
- 2010 StarCraft II Open Season 3
- 2011 Pokerstrategy.com TSL3 (two appearances in Ro8)
- Blizzcon 2010
- GSL World Championship
- GSL March (Code S and parts of Code A)
- 2011 GSL May (Code S)
- GSL Super Tournament
- MLG Columbus 2011
- NASL Grand Finals in Ontario California
- MLG Raleigh 2011
- MLG Orlando 2011
- BlizzCon 2011
- MLG Providence 2011
- DreamHack Winter 2011
- 2012 GSL Season 1 (Code S)
- 2012 GSL Season 2 (Code S)
- 2012 GSL Season 3 (Code S)
- 2012 GSL Season 4 (Code S)
- 2012 GSL Season 5 (Code S)
- WCS Australia Nationals 2012
- WCS United Kingdom Nationals 2012
- Battle.net World Championship 2012
- 2013 GSL Season 1 (Code S)
- 2013 WCS Korea Season 1
- 2013 WCS Global Finals Season 1 (GOMTV)
- 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 (GOMTV)
- 2013 WCS Global Finals Season 2
- 2013 DreamHack Open Stockholm
- 2013 DreamHack Open Valencia
- StarCraft 2 League
- 2013 DreamHack Open Bucharest
- 2013 WCS Korea Season 3
- 2013 WCS Global Finals
- Is a native of New Hampshire.
- Known for the saying: "When you are ahead, get more ahead."
- Played Terran in Brood War.
- Dislikes the Marauder and the Colossus unit and loves mech play. In SOTG Episode 42 he said, "The less I see the Marauder the more I feel like switching back to Terran."
- Started up a website selling StarCraft related T-shirts with Tasteless called The Handsome Nerd.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Once dreamed of becoming a guinea pig farmer.
- Has 2 ferrets.
- Once said that he'll swallow a sword if San advances from his Code S group and did not follow through after San advanced.
- Stated in his NASL Season 1 application video that the player he'd wanted most to come back to competitive play full-time was Day9 due to their competition in the past.
- Decided upon his name by combining the first two characters of his old ID "Archmage-Danny" with the "tosis" portion of the Korn song "Cameltosis".
- As of State of the Game Episode 44, stated that his five favorite players to watch (in no particular order) were Tyler, PuMa, NesTea, Sage and Alicia.
- Has 8 screws and a metal plate in his foot.
- Source of the Artosis Pylon.
- Became a father on January 14, 2012 of a baby girl named Aria. He later married Aria's mother - his girlfriend - on November 27, 2013, and the newlyweds walked down the aisle to the Terran theme from StarCraft I.
- Famous for "cursing" players, by predicting them to win. See Artosis Curse (Contains spoilers of matches).
- Deliberately mispronounces Yamato Cannon as "Ya-moh-to" and IdrA as "Eye-dra".
- Became the first-ever Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft BlizzCon champion when he won the Innkeeper's Invitational in 2013, which included Day9 and Husky.
- Friends of his including Tasteless watched his final against Octavian Morosan (Kripparian). When he prevailed 3-2, they rushed the stage. Artosis even imitated the trophy kiss that he'd seen from GSL winners when he was presented with the champion's silver tankard.
- Even though the StarCraft II WCS Global Finals, which he was helping cast, was about to have its second semifinal as the Innkeeper's Invitational finished, it was delayed so to give Artosis and anyone who wanted to watch him time. ReDeYe even took the opportunity to announce Artosis's win to the crowd once the extended break was finished, and once they cheered, he said, "Just goes to show you that as StarCraft II players, we can play anything!" Artosis rejoined the cast after changing out of his competition jacket and casted the final series with Tasteless and Apollo.
- Stars with Tasteless in the documentary Sons of StarCraft, which chronicles their careers as players and casters and also delves into their personal lives, including Artosis becoming a father.
- Has a voice acting part with Tasteless in the Korean disaster film Haeundae (Tidal Wave), where the two of them voice American helicopter rescue personnel.
- When G4TV's Video Game Deathmatch pitted The Legend of Zelda against StarCraft in the finals to determine the best franchise of all time, he was compelled to passionately argue on StarCraft's behalf live on air during a GSL broadcast. His arguments included the fact that Legend of Zelda is not an eSport in the way that StarCraft is.
- When Apollo had to cast on Day 1 of 2013 DreamHack Open Stockholm in a pink Pikachu pajama suit to pay a lost bet with Carmac at the IEM World Championship, Artosis complemented it by wearing Pokémon anime main character Ash Ketchum's trademark hat and fingerless gloves. The DreamHack venue DJ even played the original Pokémon anime theme song (Gotta Catch 'Em All.)
- 2017-06-03 | Tastosis interview Remastered! by sc1f]eonzerg
- 2017-04-12 | DankShrine Ep. 33 Artosis by DankShrine
- 2016-10-20 | Artosis addresses community misconceptions about KR SC2 , talks about Blizzcon, his career, and more by Cyan
- 2014-04-07 | Artosis on SC2, Hearthstone, Haters, Fatherhood, Sons of StarCraft, Interview @ Seatstory Cup by Hotbid of Teamliquid.net at SeatStory Cup
- 2013-07-28 | Artosis 'Grilled' by Thorin of Team Acer
- 2012-09-09 | After Thoughts with Artosis by itmeJP
- 2012-09-04 | Real Talk with Artosis by itmeJP
- 2012-07-01 | Interview with Artosis by Definitive eSports at WCS UK Nationals
- 2011-08-24 | Interview with Artosis at the GOMTV Studio by UpCloseGamers
- 2011-06-28 | Artosis Self Interview in Cambodia by ArtosisTV
- 2010-11-14 | Artosis interview at GSL Open Season 3 by ArtosisTV
- 2010-06-28 | Video Interview In-Game Footage with Artosis Co-casting by GLHF.it
- 2010-05-08 | Team Liquid Invitational #2 Interview by TeamLiquid.net
- 2010-04-03 | Artosis Interview about StarCraft II and on joining a Korean team by Fnatic
- 2010-02-18 | Artosis on SC2 and Kespa + Blizzard by AndroidBit
- 'US Platinum Ranks' on TL.net
- MLG SC2 KotBH
- TL's Preliminary Live Report thread with results, interviews and so on.
- https://twitter.com/#!/Artosis/status/40562568305057879 Twitter.com
- Artosis joins Sixjax Gaming as new Team Captain[Dead link]
- Meta - Official discussion and VOD thread
- Tasteless and Artosis (Tastosis) Highlights (ft. Kelly) - GSL March - Week 1 youtube.com
- SotG Episode 44 (About 1:36:00:00)
- Artosis confirms metal plate in foot on twitter.com
- Artosis is a daddy! Former eSTRO coach Hwanni on twitter.com
- Artosis' marriage announcement on Twitter
- The Artosis Curse: An Examination
- Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Innkeeper's Invitational (VOD)
- 2013 WCS Global Finals (VOD)
- The Tastosis Fanclub - Page 11 TeamLiquid.net
- G4TV's VGDM Finals - Legend of Zelda Vs. StarCraft - Artosis' StarCraft argument live from GSL YouTube (originally shown on GOMTV)
- Ashtosis and Pinkachu/Pinkapollo at DreamHack Stockholm 2013 YouTube (originally aired on DreamHack TV)