Assembly Winter 2013
1v1, Group Stage,
1,600 EUR (≃ $2,110.54 USD
ASSEMBLY Winter 2013 featured a €1600 StarCraft 2 Wings of Liberty tournament which was played on February 22-23 in Helsinki, Finland. The two day event gathered 16 players competing for a €1600 prize pool. This line-up was filled with invites and qualified players through three online qualifier tournaments, two of which were held on January 21 and 23, and one of which was only for Finnish players (held on February 3).
A prize pool of €1600 (~$2,110) was spread among the players as seen below:
Converted USD prizes are based on the currency exchange rate (taken from xe.com) on February 23, 2013: 1 EUR = 1.31909 USD.
- The Assembly Winter 2013 featured a group stage with GSL style double-elimination groups and a single-elimination playoffs. 
- The 4 players of each group are split into two pairs and play each other in best of 3 matches.
- The winners of these matches will then face each other in the Winner’s match.
- The victor places first in the group and advances to the next round.
- The losers of the initial matches face each other in the Loser’s match.
- The loser places fourth in the group, will drop out of the tournament.
- The loser of the Winner’s match and the winner of the Loser’s match will face each other in a fifth match.
- The winner gets second place in the group and advances to the next round.
- The loser places third in the group and will drop out of the tournament.
- The eight remaining players will be put in a single-elimination bracket. The matches are best of 5 until the finals, which is a best of 7.
Map Pool Details
The maps and their order were selected before each match. Both players took turns to veto maps out of the pool one at a time until the minimum number of maps remained (e.g. 3 for a best-of-3). The players then took turns and picked the order of the selected maps.
*RelaX cancelled his participation, a replacement was not found.
**Satiini nor Namutin showed up.
|Round of 16