Barracks (Legacy of the Void)
- This article covers the building. For the Korean Terran player, see BarrackS.
- This article covers the current multiplayer version of this building. For another version see Barracks (Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm).
The Barracks (Rax for short) is the infantry production building for Terran; allowing them to build Marines, Marauders, Reapers and Ghosts. It is commonly used as part of a Terran wall-in and can be lifted off the ground and landed elsewhere after it has been constructed.
In mech-based play, a Barracks will often be lifted to serve as a heavily armored scout or to spot for Siege Tanks. In bio-based play, this role will often be served by a Factory, as it is less important for production.
- Barracks can build two types of add-ons.
- Without any add-ons, the Barracks can produce a single Marine or Reaper at one time.
|Patch 4.7.1 |
- Blizzard Entertainment (20 November 2018). "STARCRAFT II 4.7.1 PATCH NOTES". Battle.net.