Bunker (Legacy of the Void)
- This article covers the current multiplayer version of this building. For other versions see Bunker (Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm) and Bunker (Wings of Liberty Campaign).
The Bunker is a Terran static defense building that is very useful for protecting infantry units and Walling Off. The Bunker will increase the range of units inside by +1 and the Bunker can be repaired by SCVs. The Bunker's Salvage ability makes Bunkers an effective option for panic defense as when the assault is over, they can be sold for a 75% cost return.
Bunkers can be used in similar ways to their Brood War counterpart and can be used offensively for a Bunker Rush or as part of builds like the 2-Rax Rush or a Reaper-opening.
It is important to note, that once you research Stimpack (and Ghost abilities) it can be used by units inside the Bunker. Hellbats cannot Load into Bunkers. Was the repeated subject of Balance Updates by Blizzard, when the Two-Rax Proxy Rush was first made popular in Wings of Liberty.
- Disables the weapons of loaded SCVs.
- Provides option to use Stimpack for loaded Marines and Marauders.
- A Ghost will not attack if he was ordered to hold fire before entering the Bunker.
- In the Campaign, Medics in Bunkers will heal damaged infantry and SCVs also inside (but not any units outside).
|Patch 4.7.1 |
- Blizzard Entertainment (20 November 2018). "STARCRAFT II 4.7.1 PATCH NOTES". Battle.net.