Bunker (Legacy of the Void)
- This article covers the current multiplayer version of this building. For other versions see Bunker (Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm) and Bunker (Wings of Liberty Campaign).
The Bunker is a Terran static defense building that is very useful for protecting infantry units and Walling Off. The Bunker can be repaired by SCVs. The Bunker's Salvage ability makes Bunkers a cost-effective option for panic defense as they can be sold for a 75% refund when danger has passed.
Unlike other static defense buildings, the Bunker does no damage on its own. Instead, Terran infantry units are loaded into it, giving them +1 range and protection from enemy attacks. These units will do the same damage as if outside the Bunker. Once Stimpack has been researched, it can be activated for loaded Marines & Marauders by selecting the Bunker.
Bunkers can be used in similar ways to their Brood War counterpart. They can be used offensively for a Bunker Rush or as part of builds like the 2-Rax Rush or a Reaper-opening. In Wings of Liberty, the Bunker was the repeated object of Balance Updates, when the Two-Rax Proxy Rush was first made popular.
- SCVs and all Barracks units can load into a Bunker. Hellbats cannot.
- Loaded SCVs with Repair set to auto-cast will repair other loaded SCVs, but not the Bunker or units outside.
- The Reaper's passive Combat Drugs will activate from within the Bunker.
- If a Ghost was set to Hold Fire before it was loaded, it will not attack.
- Active abilities other than Stimpack are not available to units loaded into a Bunker.
- The SCV's weapon is disabled when loaded.
- If a loaded Bunker and unloaded Marines or Marauders are both selected, they will be in different sub-groups, such that using Stimpack on the unloaded units will not trigger it for the Bunker units, and swapping to the Bunker sub-group will allow Stimpack to be triggered for them, but not the unloaded units.
- In the Campaign, Medics in Bunkers will heal damaged units inside (but not any units outside).
- Despite the 'windows' of the bunker being relatively narrow, Marines and Ghosts can still shoot air units.
|Patch 4.7.1 |
- Blizzard Entertainment (20 November 2018). "STARCRAFT II 4.7.1 PATCH NOTES". Battle.net.