Chilex 6rax Semi-All in
A normal Proxy 2 Rax aims to catch someone off guard that does not wall-off or is early expanding, this build aims to fail to 2 Rax and then go all-in with 5 Rax proxied and hit with an overwhelming number of Marines when the opponent thinks they are safe
Basic Build Order
- Make entirely sure that the 18 Supply Depot is perfect, as this is the most crucial part of the build.
- Block off with the inbase 2 Rax and a Supply Depot so as not to reveal the lack of buildings, whilst also allowing the scout to get the idea that you may be expanding (See no gas, and just the two rax).
- Bring the first Marine to clear watch towers, and stray scouts can be dealt with, by use of good micro, as not to reveal the proxy rax.
- Make sure your proxy rax are very well hidden, as if they are scouted, your opponent get time to respond.
- Do not forget to set the way point of the 6 Rax to the proxy Rax, and upon first attack, at the opponent's natural.
- Constantly produce Supply Depots, as the supply may fill up remarkably quickly, especially if your initial attack is delayed
- vs Zerg, pay close attention to the timing of expansion, and any tech that is on the way, that may hinder the build (Roaches, Banelings).
- vs Terran, make sure there is no likelihood of Hellions, or "bunkering" in.
- vs Protoss, make sure there is no chance of a 4 Gate, or mass Sentry (3+).
At the 6 minute mark, you should have a bunch of Marines. Send them to the expansion of the opponent, and focus fire the most necessary units (Queen) first, before they can reinforce. If there is no expansion, dart into the main to see what there is. Here you make a choice of whether to pull back (mass Baneling, Bunkered up, many Sentries), or to go all-in, and keep pumping Marines, until they are overwhelmed.
- It is also a good idea to micro a few Marines into the mineral line, whilst fighting off their units, as they will be very distracted.
- Retreat with 5-6 Marines, wait for reinforcements, before proceeding, as to not get overrun
If you know you cannot overwhelm your opponent with the first attack, fly the proxy Rax to your natural and wall off. If you do not go ahead with the attack, after scouting the main with a Marine, go ahead and expand, whilst grabbing both gas, and transitioning into something standard,. If the attack fails, but you have enough Marines to hold off their counterattack, expand, and macro up. You will probably be behind here, so expanding is crucial if you want to stand a chance of survival. Next, grab some gas, and transition into a Marauder heavy army, as to make best use out of the Barracks. There is also a heavy chance your opponent will go for a Marine counter build, such as mass Baneling, so this should give you the upper hand.
- Zerg 1 base play
- Spine Crawlers, Bunkers, Photon Cannons
- Fast expands
- Greedy gassy builds
- Easy to proxy in secret. (Shattered Temple, Slag Pits)
- Small rush distance, for the additional inbase 2 Rax. (Xel'Naga Caverns, Metalopolis (close spawn))
- Long rush distance. (Typhon Peaks)
- Pesky Xel'Naga Towers. (Terminus)
- Difficult to proxy. (Backwater Gulch)
- Often used by the infamous player Chilex to get to 1000 Terran wins extremely quickly. This is why the build is named after him. Chilex 6rax semi-all-in.
- TLO has also been known to use a variance of this build
An example of the Chilex 6 Rax Semi-All in File:Chilex.SC2Replay
- Featured in Day9's #400 daily video