- Crossfire SE
Crossfire is a two-player map released by Blizzard who borrowed the layout from the Brood War map Sin Peaks of Baekdu.
The map was not used in competition until the modification Crossfire SE by JackyPrime appeared in the GSL Team League. The balance changes had previously been tested in Gisado's Star Challenge. This second edition of the map has been used in many tournaments including the TSL.
Official Blizzard Map Description
There are many paths that lead to the enemy in this large map. A mobile army is crucial to securing additional expansions. The Xel'Naga Towers provide vision over many key locations.
- There are two main paths to your opponent, making this a good map for counterattacking.
- Two Xel'Naga Towers watch over the middle of the map.
- There are many high ground areas in the middle of the map, making good defensive positions.
- Destroying rocks in the back of your main base will make another path to your third base available(or a new path into your main for your opponent).
- Ramp to the main has been reduced to the standard size.
- Expansions at 3 and 9 o'clock are now smaller.
- Paths leading to the side expansions made narrower.
- Primary ramp to center high ground widened.
- Doodad trees added in unpathable areas.
Map Version Images