ESL Pro Tour 2020/21
The ESL Pro Tour 2020/21 (EPT) is a series of events organized by or in cooperation with ESL. They are designed to include three major StarCraft II broadcasters, AfreecaTV, DreamHack and ESL with Blizzard providing a prize pool of over 1.9 million USD, that will be spread out among multiple events throughout the season. ESL Pro Tour will be essentially split between the EPT Circuit (which again is split into sub regions) and EPT Korea, only reunited in Global Events and in the Global Finals at IEM Katowice 2021 that conclude the season.
Thirty-six spots in the Masters Championship 2021 (Global Finals) will be available, either by winning specific events, or by being one of the top-ranked players of the EPT Circuit or EPT Korea.
The ESL Pro Tour 2020/21 system is split in two: EPT Circuit or EPT Korea. Both systems have their standings, with points earned at various events.
For EPT, the world is divided into two regions:
- South Korea
- Rest of the World, split into the sub regions
- Europe (Europe & Africa)
- North America (USA and Canada)
- Latin America (Rest of the Americas)
- China (Mainland China)
- Taiwan (Taiwan, Hongkong, Macau, Japan)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand, Oceania, and all unassigned Asian countries)
Throughout the year
Three seasons of Global StarCraft II League (GSL) and two seasons of Super Tournament awarding points.
The Global StarCraft II League is organized by AfreecaTV, and operates as follows:
- Three GSL seasons in the EPT 2020/21, as in WCS 2019.
- The events award EPT Korea points and seed the winner directly into the Global Finals.
- The semifinalists of season 1 and season 2 are seeded into the next season's second Code S group stage.
- The finalists of season 3 are seeded into Super Tournament 2.
The AfreecaTV GSL Super Tournaments organized by AfreecaTV, and operates as follows:
- Super Tournament consits of a 16 player single-elimination bracket.
- Two events in the EPT 2020/21.
- Super Tournament 2 awards EPT Korea points.
- The semifinalists of Super Tournament 1 are seeded into the first GSL season's second Code S group stage.
Three SC2 Masters Seasons split into regional Divisions (Europe, North America, Latin America, China, Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau/Japan and Oceania/Rest of Asia (except Korea)) awarding EPT Circuit points.
Each Division has a different prize pool and format. The Divisions are region locked.
Besides the IEM Katowice 2020, the ESL Open Cups and IEM Katowice 2021 as well as the EPT Season Finals (Summer, Fall and Winter) will reunite players from both regions. Other global events include TeamLiquid Starleague 5, TeamLiquid Starleague 6, King of Battles and ASUS ROG Online 2020.
Online Weekly tournaments provide additional points every Monday (until January 18th 2021 those Cups were played Sundays).
Masters Championship 2021
At the end of the year, thirty-six players qualify to the Masters Championship 2021.
- The winner of IEM Katowice 2020.
- The winners of the three GSL seasons.
- With EPT points:
- EPT Korea: 6 seeds from the standings (+1 for every GSL winner that already has a slot)
- EPT Circuit: 9 seeds from the standings
- 5 for Europe, 2 for North America, 1 for China and 1 for Latin America.
- The Top 4 from the offline Play-In Stage at the event.
- 8 players from Korean Standings and 8 players from Circuit Standings qualify for the Play-In Stage.
- The best not already qualified player in a merged ranking.
- Play-In stage (Ro36):
- 16 players Double-elimination bracket.
- All matches are Bo3
- 8 players from Korean Standings (Top 8 that are not yet qualified for Ro24)
- 8 players from Circuit Standings
- Top 2 players from Europe that are not yet qualified for Ro24
- Top 2 players from Taiwan that are not yet qualified for Ro24
- Top 1 players from North America that are not yet qualified for Ro24
- Top 1 players from Latin America that are not yet qualified for Ro24
- Top 1 players from China that are not yet qualified for Ro24
- Top 1 players from Oceania that are not yet qualified for Ro24
- Top 4 qualify for the Ro24
- Group Stage (Ro24) :
- Four groups of six players played out in round robin format.
- All matches are Bo3.
- First place in each group advances directly to the Quarterfinals.
- Second and third place in each group advance to the Round of 12.
- Ties are broken in the following order:
- Overall map difference
- Overall number of map wins
- Match wins amassed between the tied participants ('Mini-League')
- Map difference between the tied participants ('Mini-League')
- Number of map wins between the tied participants ('Mini-League')
- Tie breaker matches
- Coin toss
- Playoffs (Ro12):
- Single-elimination bracket of twelve players.
- Round of 12, Quarterfinals, and Semifinals are played in Bo5.
- Grand Finals is played in Bo7.
Premier ESL Pro Tour 2020/2021 Events
|IEM Katowice 2021||2021-02-20 – 2021-02-28||$250,000||36||Online||Reynor||Zest||4 - 2|
|IEM Katowice 2020||2020-02-24 – 2020-03-01||$400,000||76||Katowice||Rogue||Zest||4 - 1|
|TeamLiquid StarLeague 5||2020-05-16 – 2020-06-07||$30,000||24||Online||soO||INnoVation||4 - 3|
|DH SC2 Masters 2020 Summer: Season Finals||2020-07-16 – 2020-07-19||$57,000||16||Online||Serral||Trap||4 - 2|
|DH SC2 Masters 2020 Fall: Season Finals||2020-09-15 – 2020-09-20||$57,000||16||Online||Reynor||Trap||4 - 3|
|King of Battles||2020-10-03 – 2020-10-11||$30,000||16||Online||Maru||Cure||4 - 1|
|DH SC2 Masters 2020 Winter: Season Finals||2020-11-10 – 2020-11-15||$57,000||16||Online||Serral||Stats||4 - 2|
|TeamLiquid StarLeague 6||2020-12-05 – 2020-12-20||$30,000||32||Online||Dark||Serral||4 - 0|
|DH SC2 Masters 2020: Last Chance 2021||2021-01-12 – 2021-01-17||$57,000||16||Online||Trap||Serral||4 - 3|
|2020 Global StarCraft II League Season 1||2020-04-11 – 2020-06-06||$140,000||28||Seoul||TY||Cure||4 - 0|
|2020 Global StarCraft II League Season 2||2020-06-20 – 2020-08-15||$140,000||28||Seoul||Rogue||Stats||4 - 1|
|2020 Global StarCraft II League Season 3||2020-08-29 – 2020-11-01||$140,000||28||Seoul||TY||Maru||4 - 2|
|EPT Korea Events|
|Super Tournament 1||2020-03-18 – 2020-03-28||$30,000||16||Seoul||Maru||Dark||4 - 3|
|Super Tournament 2||2020-12-02 – 2020-12-12||$30,000||16||Seoul||Trap||Stats||4 - 3|
|EPT Circuit Events|
|DH SC2 Masters 2020 Summer: Europe||2020-06-24 – 2020-07-12||$84,000||32||Online||Reynor||Serral||4 - 2|
|DH SC2 Masters 2020 Summer: North America||2020-06-30 – 2020-07-12||$38,000||16||Online||Neeb||Astrea||4 - 1|
|DH SC2 Masters 2020 Fall: Europe||2020-08-26 – 2020-09-13||$84,000||32||Online||Reynor||Clem||4 - 3|
|DH SC2 Masters 2020 Fall: North America||2020-09-01 – 2020-09-13||$38,000||16||Online||Scarlett||Astrea||4 - 2|
|DH SC2 Masters 2020 Winter: Europe||2020-10-21 – 2020-11-08||$84,000||32||Online||Clem||Reynor||4 - 2|
|DH SC2 Masters 2020 Winter: North America||2020-10-27 – 2020-11-08||$38,000||16||Online||Astrea||Neeb||4 - 3|