ESL SC2 Beta Launch Cup
The ESL StarCraft II beta Launch Cup is the second official Blizzard tournament run by ESL.eu, the first one being a 4-player invite tournament. This tournament isn't going to run like the Starcraft-tournaments the ESL previously arranged, which had qualifiers, a round-robin group stage, and spanned over several months. Instead, it has open signups and is played on a single day, similar to the Zotac Cup.
ESL.eu announced the tournament on their website and on the TL.net forums. This is the announcement text on the official website:
We will be kicking off the ESL StarCraft II section with a beta launch cup open for all European players - who have the beta of course! Terran, Protoss, Zerg or Random are all welcome.
From Quake Live
- First round is Bo1
- All subsequent rounds are Bo3
Since few bugs have been discovered, the rules are almost non existent. Instead the rules and regulations focus on coverage of the tournament and possible disconnects:
- Only European players are allowed to enter the tournament.
- It is forbidden to stream matches in any way (video or audio cast, livestream, ustream, etc.)
- If there is a disconnect in the first 4 minutes of the game and there has been no contact between players, the game will be restarted.
- If the problem occurs frequently, then an admin should be contacted.
- If a game is restarted, players must choose the same races.
Map chosing procedure:
- Best of 1: Starting with the player on the left, players take it in turns to eliminate maps until 1 map remains.
- Best of 3: Starting with the player on the left, players take it in turns to eliminate maps until 3 maps, then players pick a map each, the remaining map is the decider.