Electronic Sports World Cup 2012
The Electronic Sports World Cup 2012 took place in Porte de Versailles, Paris, during the Paris Games Week (which is the biggest trade fair for computer and video games held in France).[Citation needed] The international qualifiers took place from July to October 2012. Pomf and Thud casted the live event in French, while Kaelaris and Mori casted streams in English and German respectively. Aside from StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty, competitions took place for other games like Dota 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- Paris, France
- Porte de Versailles Exhibition Center
$40,000 is spread among the players as seen below:
- Group Play
- Top 2 advance to Championship Bracket.
- Championship Bracket
- Best of 3 up until Grand Finals.
- Bronze Match: Best of 3.
- Grand Finals: Best of 3.
|Protoss (12)||Terran (3)||Zerg (15)|
|TitaN ***||AlaStOr ****|
* Petraeus replaces mOOnGLaDe (who placed first in the Aus/NZ qualifiers) and MaFia (who placed second) who canceled their participation in favor of participating in the 2012 MLG Fall Championship.
** Nerchio canceled his participation.
*** TitaN replaces sLivko.
**** NeOAnGeL and AlaStOr replace respectively XiGua and XY who can't attend due visa issues.
- ESWC Antiga Shipyard - Forced cross spawns, no gold base.
- ESWC ESV Cloud Kingdom
- ESWC Daybreak
- ESWC Entombed Valley - No close by ground spawns
- ESWC Metropolis - No close by ground spawns, islands removed
- ESWC Ohana
- ESWC Shakuras Plateau - No close by ground spawns
|Round of 16|