Soon after the Beta of StarCraft II was released, ESL announced two weekly tournaments, ESL StarCraft II Beta Saturday Cup and ESL StarCraft II Beta Monday Cup. While the cups themselves were popular in the community the format without any prize money soon made competitive players move elsewhere. ESL then decided to reformat the cup into one where you get points depending on your finishing placement, they named it Go4SC2. The name is a reference to the old Go4WC3 cup, which pioneered the weekly, one-day 512/1024 player tournaments. The format is pretty straight forward: Two cups are played, one on Wednesday, one on Sunday. Both yield points towards a monthly rating that allows the top players to compete for €500 at the monthly final. In addition, the winner of each Sunday match receives €200.
|Place||Sunday Cups||Wednesday Cups|
|1st||100pts + 200 euro||75pts|
- Unlimited participants in the Sunday and Wednesday tournaments.
- Monthly €500 "Grand Final" with the 8 best ranked players + Top 2 of the Go4SC2 Premium Qualifiers.
- Grand Final takes place on Thursday after the last cup of a month
All maps in the ESL EU map pool are published with the ESL prefix, by the author ESL.
|Shakuras Plateau||TPW Odyssey||The Shattered Temple||Metalopolis|
|Tal'Darim Altar||Terminus SE||iCCup Antiga Shipyard TE||Crevasse|
|iCCup Sanshorn Mists||Daybreak||Dual Sight|
- Every week ESL Premium Members have the chance to directly qualify for the 500 EUR Monthly Finals additionally to the free Wednesday and Sunday Cups
- Top 2 qualify
- Four qualifiers per month, usually on Thursday
- Bo1 until the Quarter Finals. In Bo1 the map is always fixed and shown on the match page
- Bo3 in the Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and 3rd Place.
- The Final is Bo5.
- In Bo3 and Bo5 a map veto (removal and pick) system is used. The high seeded player (seeds are shown on the match page) decides who starts. Players take it in turn removing maps until only three (or five) remain, then each player picks a map. Maps are played in order they are picked. The remaining map is played last.