Hatchery First into Mass-Queen (vs. Terran)
The first two Overlords are to scout the closest possible spawn positions, later to poke into the opposing main (stay as close as possible to the cliff edges) for tech or a quick glance at the opposing unit count.
Basic Build Order
This build can be played on every 4-player map and most 2-player maps as well.
- HatchFirst: You will not get supply-blocked at 22/22, if you start your second Hatchery ASAP. If your Hatchery is delayed, an Overlord at 21 is too late.
- Dark scouts the Natural at around 30 Supply. If a Bunker is missing, you might do damage with some Speedlings.
- Stop at 44 Drones and produce Queens and Zerglings non-stop afterwards.
- You should have 32+ Army Supply and at least 5 to 8 Queens to defend the 16 Marines.
The Pneumatized Carapace (Overlord speed) upgrade is very important for this build, because Scouting is very important to identify the double Medivac drop. Otherwise, the Zerg player might build too many Drones and just die to the attack.
- 30 Supply (~2:40): Dark scout the front with an Overlord
- 49 Supply (~3:43): Zerg flies an Overlord (with speed) into the Terran's Main
Your Creep (spread) should be very good, because you have to defend any of your bases. Therefore all bases should be connected with Creep, when the Terran attack commences.