IEM Season V - World Championship
The Intel Extreme Masters (IEM) is ESL's flagship competition. Held at CeBIT 2011 in Hanover, Germany.
$30,000 is spread among the players as seen below:
The tournament winner was also rewarded with a position in the GSL Code S up and down matches. This filled the position vacated by IdrA after his decision to pull out of GSL March and return home to the USA.
As seen on the event page, the tournament structure is copied from the European Championship:
- Two Groups of Six (12 players)
- Top 3 in each group (6 players) qualifies for Playoffs. Winners are seeded into semifinals.
- Group A 2nd vs Group B 3rd and vice versa.
- Single-elimination Playoffs.
||Winner, Global Challenge Cologne
||Winner, American Championships
||2nd, American Championships
||Winner, European Championships
||2nd, European Championships
||4th, European Championships
||5th, European Championships**
||Winner, Southeast Asian Championships
| IdrA ()*
* IdrA got invited as an Asian invite when he still lived in Korea. His nationality is American.
** DeMusliM who placed third in the European Championship could not attend because of a broken arm. Socke replaced him as Europe's fourth representative.
Tiebreakers Round 1
Tiebreakers Round 2
Tiebreakers Round 3
Tiebreakers Round 4
|Group Stage (Ro12)|
|Round of 6|