IeSF 2011 World Championship
Following the IeSF 2009 Challenge and the IeSF 2010 Grand Final, the International e-Sports Federation, will hold its third international e-Sports tournament, the IeSF 2011 World Championship. This event will be held at Andong, South Korea from October 6 to October 10.
The official game titles played during the tournament are:
- FIFA Online 2
- Alliance of Valiant Arms (A.V.A)
- StarCraft 2
Additional game titles will be played for demonstration.
A common prize pool of ₩30,000,000 (circa $25,000) for the country winning most points out of the FIFA Online 2 and StarCraft II tournaments. A.V.A will have its own ₩20,000,000 prize pool. Each nation will receive a score depending on the results of both FIFA and StarCraft II tournaments. The three nations with the highest score will be rewarded as seen below:
|Place||Prize (KRW)||Nation||StarCraft 2 player||Score|
The Netherlands placed 4th with a total of 62 points (11 for FIFA Online 2, 51 for StarCraft II).
Players may have received money prizes from their respective federation. However, this information has not been made official.
- 8 groups of 3 players
- Top 2 players of each group to the playoffs
- 16-player Single-elimination Bracket
|Thursday, October 6||Welcome Party|
|Friday, October 7||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Group Stage (Groups 1-4)|
|Friday, October 7||02:00 PM – 04:00 PM||Group Stage (Groups 5-8)|
|Saturday, October 8||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Round of 16, Quarterfinals|
|Saturday, October 8||01:00 PM – 03:00 PM||Semifinals, Bronze match|
|Sunday, October 9||01:00 PM||Grand Finals|
Each nation can send only one StarCraft 2 player to compete in the tournament.
No rule has been officially published by the IeSF, but many nations will have a StarCraft 2 qualifier.
|Protoss (5)||Terran (5)||Zerg (11)|
The following players will also participate in the competition, however their race is unknown:
- Azad Mammadli
- Basheer Ali Nizam (Maldives)
- Petko "Kose" Dilchev
A number of 40 nations have been announced to participate in the event. However, the list of participating countries has not yet been released. No information is available about the Qualifiers on the IeSF website, so the following information may not be accurate.
The following nations will have a national StarCraft 2 qualifier:
(if different from winner)
|Austria||monchi|| - |
|Bulgaria(a)||Kalin||Petko "Kose" Dilchev|| -  - |
|Denmark||Ciara|| - |
|Finland||elfi|| - |
|Greece(b)||Moutas|| -  -  -  - |
|Malaysia||Zeal|| - |
|Singapore||Revenant||EscapisT|| -  - |
|Switzerland||biGs|| - |
|United States(e)||IdrA||Agh||US Qualifier|
- (a): Bulgaria will not send Kalin to Korea because of passport issues, and will instead send a player with a valid passport. The Bulgarian e-Sports Federation is blamed by the players for their bad organization. The only available information about the qualified player is pictures, but no name. The StarCraft 2 player has been identified as Petko "Kose" Dilchev (Петко "Косе" Дилчев).
- (b): Due to poor communication between the Greek IeSF representative and the official winner of the National Greek Qualifier, as well as the latter being too young of age, it was decided that Moutas would represent Greece.
- (c): On September 27, it was announced that there wouldn't be any Korean players competing in the tournament, because the KeSPA doesn't recognize StarCraft II.
- (d): A StarCraft II qualifier was announced to take place on July 9, but not any results have been published since. It is most likely that Sri Lanka will have no StarCraft II representant at the World Championship.
- (e): IdrA and Sheth will be participating in IPL 3, scheduled from October 6 through October 9.
The following players will represent countries who did not hold a national qualifier for IeSF:
|Maldives||Basheer Ali Nizam|
|Romania(f)||DeathAngel|| - |
|South Africa||PandaTank|| |
- (f): The winner of PGL SC2 Season 2 was initially going to participate in WCG 2011, but will finally participate in IeSF 2011 WC.
IeSF member countries without a StarCraft II representant
The following countries are members of the IeSF, but will not send a representant for StarCraft II:
- United Kingdom
|B.A. Nizam||0||1||A. Mammadli|
- Eric Brinkley's (Tt eSPORTS Global Marketing Coordinator) twitter feed with live reports and results
- Results and Schedule by fragster.de
- Groups and Playoffs Bracket by FollowGrubby.com
- Playoff brackets by eSportdanmark.dk
- IeSF 2011 World Championship Results
- TL Forum Post
- eWave|monchi cannot participate in the IESF
- [IeSF] Bulgarian representatives
- Qualifications IeSF September 13
- BESF Strikes Again!
- The Bulgarian team for IeSF World Championship departured to South Korea
- No Korean SC2 player allowed in IeSF 2011
- Changes in the management of e-Sport Norge