fOKINS, Nock, Mekia
Kim "Impact" Joon Hyuk, formerly known as "Mekia", is a Zerg StarCraft II progamer from South Korea, who is currently teamless.
Wings of Liberty
Impact tried to qualify for the 2012 OnGameNet Starleague Season 1 but lost to Stork with a score of 1-2 in the Ro8 of Group B in the KeSPA Preliminaries after winning against hudadak with a score of 2-1 in the previous round.
Impact tried to qualify for the World Cyber Games 2012 but lost to Bogus with a score of 0-2 in the Ro8 of Group 6 in the KeSPA Qualifiers.
Impact tried to qualify for the 2012 StarCraft II World Championship Series but lost to YoDa with a score of 0-2 in the Ro16 of Group G in the South Korean Preliminaries after receiving a BYE in the previous round.
Heart of the Swarm
He went 3-3 in the 2012-2013 SK Planet Proleague Season 1 with victories over Stork, Bbyong, and Kop.
Impact successfully qualified for the 2013 Season 3 WCS Korea Challenger League, advancing from Group A1 in the Qualifiers after defeating Kong he then went on to the group finals in which he lost to Hydra before taking out TurN and then Journey to qualify for Challenger League.
On October 1, 2013, Impact joined Axiom eSports. His first big achievement came a few months later, with a 2nd place finish at the 2014 DreamHack Open Bucharest, defeating players such as HerO, Ryung, MC and Jaedong to reach the final, before losing 0-3 in a rather one-sided series to Life, widely regarded as the best ZvZ player in the world.
It was announced on April 24, 2015, that Impact would not renew his contract with Axiom eSports, and thus leave the team, to seek new opportunities. About a week later it was then announced that Impact would be joining SK Telecom T1.
Acer TeamStory Cup
Acer TeamStory Cup Season 2
He played at Acer TeamStory Cup Season 2 with team Axiom, closing the season with a 69% win rate. During the Playoffs, in the loser's bracket final, he achieved an All-Kill against Team Liquid, beating Ret, Snute, TaeJa, TLO and, for the second time, Snute in the ace match, closing the series with a 5:0 victory for his team.
Legacy of the Void
After SK Telecom T1 disbanded on October 18, 2016, it was announced that Impact would be retiring.
- Impact was one of the three main subjects of the documentary State of Play, along with Jaedong and an amateur player. The film documents his drafting and early experiences in the Woongjin Stars team house.
- ↑ "Axiom eSports sign Impact (aka Mekia)". teamliquid.net. October 1, 2013.
- ↑ "Impact leaves Axiom eSports". teamliquid.net. April 24, 2015.
- ↑ "Impact joins SK Telecom T1". teamliquid.net. May 8, 2015.
- ↑ "Impact retires". Twitter.com. October 18, 2016. "Innovation, soO, Classic, Dark, Dream continue SC2. Myungsik&Zoun will play another Game, Sorry, Impact retire http://www.fomos.kr/esports/news_view&entry_id=34243 #sc2"