Load is an ability that can be used by the Command Center, Planetary Fortress, Bunker, Medivac, Warp Prism, Overlord, Nydus Network or Nydus Worm to store units within the structure/unit. The Hercules in the Campaign is also able to load, though it is not available in Multiplayer.
- Command Centers and Planetary Fortresses can load up to 5 SCVs to protect them from hostile attacks. The limit can be increased to 10 SCVs with the Neosteel Frame (or Neosteel Armor) upgrade.
- Bunkers can load up to 4 infantry units, to protect them and allow them to fight off invading forces. The limit is increased by 2 with the Neosteel upgrade.
- Medivacs, Warp Prisms and Overlords can load up to 8 units for transport to other locations.
- Nydus Networks and Nydus Worms can load unlimited number of units into a shared underground network.
- Hercules Transports can load 24 units.
- Flying units can't be loaded, but landed Vikings can be loaded.
- Summoned units, such as Terran MULEs, Zerg Changelings, Infested Terrans, or Broodlings cannot be loaded.
- Mobile buildings like Spine Crawlers, Spore Crawlers, and Terran buildings with the Lift off ability cannot be loaded.