The Lurker Den was developed in 2010, but cut in the alpha stages of StarCraft II, and has since been brought back with Legacy of the Void. The Lurker Den can be morphed from a Drone once a Hydralisk Den has been built. Prior to patch 4.0, the Lurker Den was morphed from the Hydralisk Den. The Lurker Den allows Lurkers to be morphed from Hydralisks.
|Patch 3.8.0 Balance Update 
- "Evolve Grooved Spines" upgrade removed, and +1 range is now added back to "Muscular Augments" upgrade.
|Patch 4.0.0 
- Lurker Den is morphed from the Drone instead of the Hydralisk Den.
- Cost: 100 Minerals/150 Vespene Gas/86 Seconds.
- New upgrade "Adaptive Talons"
- Reduces Lurker burrow time from 2 to 0.7 seconds and increase movement speed by 10%.
- Cost: 150 Minerals/150 Vespene Gas/54 Seconds.
- Hive requirement.