MMA build (vs. Zerg)
Opening with Reapers for fast harassment on Zerglings, slowing down a Baneling Bust; switching immediately into a Siege Expand to only build Siege Tanks to defend against Roach Pressure and secure the low ground, while building into a mass Marine/Medivac build to push out onto the map with strong Engineering Bay upgrades.
In the mid-game, a slow and methodical push across the map is used to deny Zerg extra bases until they are forced onto two bases and overrun by a Terran that is free to expand to riskier expansions. Use Medivac-based drops to keep Mutalisk from being able to move out; and drop wherever the Mutalisks are not.
It is highly recommended to watch Day's Steal! This Build! episode that covers all the basic situations for dropping the opponent and best targets.
Basic Build Order
- On long rush distances take a macro-Orbital Command (3) in-base, solely to keep up SCVs with Drone production.
- Add purely Barracks with Reactors and guard the Siege Tanks carefully to keep a strong map presence that cannot simply be overrun with Banelings or Zerglings.
- Force Mutalisks out of position and to play defensively by mimicking their ability to hit-and-run. Snipe Drones, until they run away and then aim for structures and retreat once the troops arrive. This exploits Zerg's poor anti-air abilities with normal Baneling, Zergling and Mutalisk Compositions.
- Push slowly across the map and keep to good positions, never be caught unsieged and run Marines away back into the tank line when need be.
- Steal! This Build! MMA's TvZ build by Day9,MMA's TvZ build
- MLG Columbus Grand Finals - Slayers.MMA (Terran) vs IM.Losira (Zerg) - Game 1, Game 2, Game 3, Game 4 and Game 5.
- ST.July (Zerg) vs Slayers.MMA (Terran) Metalopolis Reaper variant - used for Xel'naga Tower control and cliff-abuse versus Zerglings early on.