Emmanuel "MoMaN" Marquez is a Zerg player from France, currently playing for Team LDLC.com. He is known for his unusual playstyle, which relies almost exclusively on Roaches in every match-up.
MoMaN has played several games competitively in the past, starting with Duke Nukem and followed by Quake 2, Counter-Strike 1.5/1.6, StarCraft: Brood War, and now StarCraft II. He has played on the French national team for each of these games, as well as for the Spanish national team for Brood War. Currently, he is also the coach for the Team LDLC Counter Strike: Global Offensive team.
MoMaN started to play to Starcraft II during the beta, and competed in many weekly tournaments, making a habit of playing in US online events, because they took place at night, after work. He joined Millenium on 2010-05-03.
Wings of Liberty
On December 2010, MoMaN left Millenium, and joined the young team Cyber Nation, which offered him to become the first fully-professional French Starcraft II player (even if the major part of his job is to animate the cyber café).
Despite keeping a low profile after release and only participating in weekly tournaments and French offline events, he decided to make a more relaxed application for NASL than most other players. MoMaN was placed in Division B, becoming the only French player in the tournament. After an encouraging victory 2-0 against qxc for his first match, he gradually came down in the rankings of his group. MoMaN still managed to win his last confrontations against iNcontroL, White-Ra and July (who was already qualified for the main bracket at this time). He ended up sixth of his group, failing to get a spot in the qualifier bracket. He is confirmed to return for the second season of the NASL.
On July 31, MoMaN announced in a long interview that he was leaving Cyber Nation. He explained that his wages were too high comparing to his performances, therefore leaving Cyber Nation's staff and him to decide to part ways. He joined Virus Gaming a few days later.
MoMaN competed in French Master Series Finals 2010 - 2011, where he took the fourth place, therefore failing to qualify for Electronic Sports World Cup 2011. He tried again to qualify for this event by participating in the European online qualifiers, but was unable again of reaching a qualifying place. He was eventually invited to the tournament at the last minute in order to replace Seiplo who couldn't attend. However, he wasn't able to pull a notable performance, being eliminated in group stage.
- He was a high-level tennis, handball and judo practitioner, but had to drop it because of knees issue, which led him to eSports.[Citation needed]
- He played Zerg in Brood War, and was a member of the French National 2v2 Team alongside Chobo.[Citation needed]
- He describes himself as a former clan hopping player, having played for almost every major French team during his long career. Furthermore, he still sometimes plays Counter-Strike for various teams.[Citation needed]
- His nickname "MoMaN" comes from a running joke of his teammates who gave him the nickname. When he played overnight in LANs and cyber café, his mother often called to ask where he was, and he invariably answered "allô, moman" ("Yes, mommy" in French) to all her calls, resulting in the laughter of his comrades.[Citation needed]
- He has dual citizenship, being French and Spanish. This particularity allowed him to compete twice in ESWC 2011 qualifiers.[Citation needed]
|In Major tournaments|
|2011-07-03||4th||Master Series Finals 2010/2011||0 : 1||AureS||$0|
|2010-10-11||4th||ESL Pro Series France IX||0 : 3||TuZeR||$347.02|
|In Minor and Monthly tournaments|
|2012-12-02||2nd||hf.lan #4||0 : 3||MiNiMaTh||$243.02|
|2011-05-03||1st||Go4SC2 NA Monthly Finals Cup 7||3 : 1||daisuki||$200|
|2010-11-01||2nd||Azerty Party 2010||0 : 4||Adelscott||$208.46|
|2010-10-10||2nd||PxL-Lan #28||1 : 2||Adelscott||$139.76|
|Complete Results in any Tournament|
|as||56 - 109||33.9 %||55 - 104||34.6 %||75 - 75||50 %||7 - 0||100 %||193 - 288||40.1 %|
- "MoMaN joins Millenium. Millenium.org, 3 May 2010.
- MoMaN leaves Millenium
- MoMaN's application for NASL
- MoMaN announces his departure of Cyber Nation
- Three new players for Virus
- "MoMaN lands at Team LDLC.com". Team-LDLC.com, 6 January 2012. Translated version
- "Announcement of MoMaN's sponsoring by ASUS ROG". Republic-Of-Gamers.fr, 4 January 2012. Translated version